Lost my job today after almost 12 years

PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Almost 12 years with the same company and I was let go today.

I have great PR/marketing experience in areas from entertainment to healthcare...spent 8 years in rock radio as well.

Any good leads, PM me.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    That sucks. Sorry have no leads, but then again I doubt you would wanna move to bottom of the world.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Bummer. Best of luck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Sorry, I don't have any leads either. I just wanted to say I'm sorry that you lost your job. Best of luck, I hope you find something soon.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Thanks, regardless, I appreciate the kind words and the support. ;)
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Another sure sign the economy is on its way back . :evil: :twisted: :?:

Sorry my friend !!
  • I'm sorry for your lost...
    But don't worry....
    ...One door closes for others to be open!
    ;)
    Only love
    Can make it rain
    The way the beach is kissed by the sea
    Only love
    Can make it rain
    Like the sweat of lovers
    Laying in the fields.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    PJGirl321 wrote:

I have great PR/marketing experience in areas from entertainment to healthcare...spent 8 years in rock radio as well.

Any good leads, PM me.

Thanks!

Where do you live?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I hope you are able to find a new job sooner and easier than you expect.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PJGirl321 wrote:

Any good leads, PM me.

Thanks!

Where do you live?

I'm in North Jersey. Been working in NYC. Thanks.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PJGirl321 wrote:

Any good leads, PM me.

Thanks!

Where do you live?

I'm in North Jersey. Been working in NYC. Thanks.

Just shot you a pm.
  • soooo sorry to hear that. I couldnt imagine. If you want to relocate down to sunny FL my company is in search of a new marketing director.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    PM me your resume, i'll hand it into our human resource dept., i work for Sony. One way or the other you will hear back in three months, but the sooner the better usually.
  • I've been there (about 2.5 yrs ago), and yes it SUCKS. But, as cliche as it sounds, the opportunity it presented has been golden. Might not help you now, but I wanted to let you know there is light at the end of this shitty, dark tunnel. Trust me. :)
    ***We all Believe***
  • best of luck to you. I was let go after three years, in 09, I lost my house and vehicle over it, so I know how you feel! But fear not a better job is out there for you! I had to wait a year for mine, but now, I'm up to management position after just 4 months, so there WILL be a place that appreciates you!! Just keep hanging in there.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    been there. sorry to hear that. good luck with everything. keep your head up.
    www.myspace.com
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Sorry to hear that, that really sucks! But you never know where you are going to end up. I was looking for a new job for months this year and getting extremely frustrated, then suddenly one of my former bosses from the record major I used to work for (I haven't worked there since 2003) called me up and asked me to join his team at a TV/telecommunication company. So now I'm working with the best boss I've ever had again and can put my addiction to TV to good use.

I'm sure you'll find something you'll love soon, just give it some time.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I want to send my light at the end of the tunnel story too! I worked at the same place for 18 years and got let go because of change of ownership. It was really hard. I was out of work for almost a year collecting unemployment for 6 and on my own for 3. I have been at my "new" job now for 6 years and am the happiest at work I have ever been.
    Best of luck to you. It will all work out in the end. Just be strong and put yourself out there, just like you did posting here.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!