Plenty of Fish

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone ever tried this site? I tried eHarmony a few years back, and I was paired with people too much like me, so I didn't think it was a success.
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    paging like an ocean, like an ocean, please pick up the white curtosey phone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I did try it, never dated, seemed to me POF was more of a hook up site than anything else.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • I did try it, never dated, seemed to me POF was more of a hook up site than anything else.

That is what I heard but I have heard success stories.

Someone suggested it to me, but I worry it is all hook-ups and creepers. :oops:
    if you are single, enjoy it. go out with a ton. who knows when you will find the one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    paging like an ocean, like an ocean, please pick up the white curtosey phone
    LMAO!!!

Actually, this new girl I'm seeing is from there.

Don't ever pay to meet anyone. Only use free sites.

There's a lot of crap on there, but good stuff is out there. I would suggest using OKCupid instead though. It's a much better site. More people and better matching techniques.
  • I'd agree with Like an Ocean on this. I went out with someone from POF once, we had a nice time but didn't work out. We actually began emailing each other while I was in Seattle for the 2009 Pearl Jam shows.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I did try it, never dated, seemed to me POF was more of a hook up site than anything else.

You don't say...

;):lol:
  • a former female co worker of mine tried it. and she was flipping hot. she found a guy, and they just bought a house together. I'd call that a success story.
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Anyone ever tried this site? I tried eHarmony a few years back, and I was paired with people too much like me, so I didn't think it was a success.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I've creeped a lot of women there ;):D
    I started on a paysite....then checked out POF and saw all the same people for free and felt shame.

Always makes me laugh that people think one dating site is better or worse than any other (creep-wise), esp if you don't live in a major metro area. I guess the difference is that the creeps can at least afford $20/mth on the other sites.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    You can't help but creep them out when you log on at night after a long night getting wasted at the bar. It's fun that way! :lol:
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    You can't help but creep them out when you log on at night after a long night getting wasted at the bar. It's fun that way! :lol:
    I said creeped, as in read their profile...not creeped OUT... *awkward* :lol:
    I don't go on there drunk, sure fire way to f up a possible hook up ;)
    And ya....what's with the 'it's a hook up site' comments anyway? I've heard that a lot.
    Isnt' that what the whole dating game is about in general? Filtering through players, idiots, bimbos, substance abusers, clingers, etc etc until you find the abusive clingy idiot bimbo drug addict you want to spend the rest of your life with? It's the same no matter where you meet people, I find it weird that there is still this stigma.
    Yes, you probably wouldn't meet for coffee with the dude with the Charlie Manson eyes asking you out...but if you meet him online and go by that one good angle pic from before his breakdown, you might...Still, it's five minutes, big deal. Just meet in a safe place, in public....other than that, what's the diff? Everyone is a stranger at first.
  • I've creeped a lot of women there ;):D

:lol:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    ...what's with the 'it's a hook up site' comments anyway? I've heard that a lot.
    Isnt' that what the whole dating game is about in general? Filtering through players, idiots, bimbos, substance abusers, clingers, etc etc until you find the abusive clingy idiot bimbo drug addict you want to spend the rest of your life with?
    Gave me my first big laugh of the day GRAZIE! :lol:
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mca47 wrote:
    I did try it, never dated, seemed to me POF was more of a hook up site than anything else.

You don't say...

:lol: naaa never did hook up with anyone from there, came close but didnt happen. Deleted my profile over a year and a half ago (BigBalls2012) ;)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    mca47 wrote:

You don't say...

:lol: naaa never did hook up with anyone from there, came close but didnt happen. Deleted my profile over a year and a half ago (BigBalls2012) ;)

maybe it was the user name. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg