Legends / Leaders - The New Big Ten

Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Legends and Leaders??? I figured they would go with something more true to Jim Delany's heart like the "Greed" and "Money" divisions. We have the resources of 12 major academic institutions and that is the best they came up with?

But seriously, I have to spend the rest of my life referring to the Leader Division and the Legend Division??? God. Damn. It.

FAIL.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:
    Oops. Oh well, the names are so atrociously bad that they deserve their own thread, albeit a short on. Couldn't they have at least made the names sound a little different? Or just look at some old NHL division names and steal one???

If the Big Ten announced that they named them the Norris and Smythe Divisions, based only on the fact that they sounded cool and they wanted to undo Gary Bettman's fuckup, I would be more then OK with that.
  • Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Oops. Oh well, the names are so atrociously bad that they deserve their own thread, albeit a short on. Couldn't they have at least made the names sound a little different? Or just look at some old NHL division names and steal one???

If the Big Ten announced that they named them the Norris and Smythe Divisions, based only on the fact that they sounded cool and they wanted to undo Gary Bettman's fuckup, I would be more then OK with that.

Ohhh man I miss those... Adams :cry:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    i agree.

the names are terrible

teh team groupings are ok, expect that OSU and MI should be in teh same division

the logo is brutal, from both a design and color standpoint.

the trophy names with the dual names is brutal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    81 wrote:
    i agree.

the names are terrible

teh team groupings are ok, expect that OSU and MI should be in teh same division

OSU and MI are in separate divisions in the hope they will play each other in the conference title game some years probably, though they are protected rivalries and will still play each other every year.
    marcos wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i agree.

the names are terrible

OSU and MI are in separate divisions in the hope they will play each other in the conference title game some years probably, though they are protected rivalries and will still play each other every year.

i know, and it's still not right.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:

:D I had to read the article to see what the intent was. I was looking for a "12" to be mixed in, but couldn't figure it out. I would have never guessed the "G" was supposed to represent a zero. I just assumed it was a stupid looking G to compliment the Legends / Leaders naming.

But really, what are we worrying about? They will get a chance to redo everything in two years when they add four more teams. 8-)
  • sounds like the cheesy names they divided kids into in middle school

FUCKING STUPID! the new logo sucks too
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/