Question about Madden 2011 for WII??

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Wondering if anyone who has the wii here has this game? A friend of mine had back surgery recently, and cant play wii like it should be played.....So my question here is, can you play the 2011 version like old where you just use your remote as a controller, and can it be played that way on line against another person? He wants something to do and we thought we would do this to pass the time. The guy at best buy told him that it could not be played that way and that it was an "action only" version... so I thought I would ask here before we wasted the $$ to buy it if we cant both online and and the old arcade way....Thanks in advance...:-)
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Monday morning bumpage! :-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    sorry just ti make sure which year you are talking about. is the cover will drew from NO
    fife wrote:
    sorry just ti make sure which year you are talking about. is the cover will drew from NO

Yes, that is the one we would like to get! :-)

I have that game and you can play with the controller along with the numchuk (sorry for the spelling) you want to play the shoot and pass option which basically means that you point at the player you want to pass to and press a button to throw. I hope that this is what you are looking for. as for the online, i don't know.

does this is anyway help.
    fife wrote:
    I have that game and you can play with the controller along with the numchuk (sorry for the spelling) you want to play the shoot and pass option which basically means that you point at the player you want to pass to and press a button to throw. I hope that this is what you are looking for. as for the online, i don't know.

Kind of...I am wondering if you HAVE to use the nunchuck? You cant just use the controller itself and use the buttons? With his back, it doesnt allow him to stand in front of the tv and play like normal...Hoping to be able to just sit in a chair and play the OLD way like on a ps3 or xbox. Does that make sense?

One or two more bumps...and then I will let it die! :-)

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I'm doing a deep investigation on this but so far this is what i've found:
    Wii Controls – Thanks to the Wiimote and Nunchuk, Madden 11 for the Wii controls very differently from its other console brothers. I think EA Sports has done well to utilize the Wiimote, but on the whole, the controls aren’t as clean as using a standard controller layout and in some ways actually makes the game more difficult. Not to mention there’s way too much waggle.

I'll keep checking the web for solution and/or lack of them while i'm "working" ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    fife wrote:

Kind of...I am wondering if you HAVE to use the nunchuck? You cant just use the controller itself and use the buttons? With his back, it doesnt allow him to stand in front of the tv and play like normal...Hoping to be able to just sit in a chair and play the OLD way like on a ps3 or xbox. Does that make sense?

yes you have to use the nunchuck but i do play teh game while lying down in bed if that helps. as long as you can move you arm you should be ok
    arq wrote:
    I'm doing a deep investigation on this but so far this is what i've found:
    Wii Controls – Thanks to the Wiimote and Nunchuk, Madden 11 for the Wii controls very differently from its other console brothers. I think EA Sports has done well to utilize the Wiimote, but on the whole, the controls aren’t as clean as using a standard controller layout and in some ways actually makes the game more difficult. Not to mention there’s way too much waggle.

I'll keep checking the web for solution and/or lack of them while i'm "working" ;)
    fife wrote:
    fife wrote:

yes you have to use the nunchuck but i do play teh game while lying down in bed if that helps. as long as you can move you arm you should be ok

Ok...that was helpful...I suppose if he can lay in bed and play that should work as long as the movements are too straining on ones back...Now if we can just confirm that it can be played on line then I think we can go ahead and atleast give it a try.... THANK YOU for your help!!

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    As per these reviews, the game has online capabilities:
    The game’s online component is a mixed bag. Not too many people were on the servers when we last took the game online, so we didn’t run into any slowdown or lag. Of course, if you want to play the game with a friend, you’ll have to go through Nintendo’s friend code nonsense, which takes more time than it should. But for those who simply want to go online and find a pickup game, players should have no trouble automatically finding an opponent using the game’s search feature. But if last year’s was any indication, it might take a while due to the possibility of low traffic with the Wii’s Madden servers.
    The online mode is so stripped that it's virtually worthless. You can compete with other players in one-off matches, in either ranked or unranked games, but that is the extent of your options. You don't have the ability to join an online franchise, and you can't even play any of the minigames online.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    arq wrote:
    As per these reviews, the game has online capabilities:
    The game’s online component is a mixed bag. Not too many people were on the servers when we last took the game online, so we didn’t run into any slowdown or lag. Of course, if you want to play the game with a friend, you’ll have to go through Nintendo’s friend code nonsense, which takes more time than it should. But for those who simply want to go online and find a pickup game, players should have no trouble automatically finding an opponent using the game’s search feature. But if last year’s was any indication, it might take a while due to the possibility of low traffic with the Wii’s Madden servers.
    The online mode is so stripped that it's virtually worthless. You can compete with other players in one-off matches, in either ranked or unranked games, but that is the extent of your options. You don't have the ability to join an online franchise, and you can't even play any of the minigames online.

You rule my friend! THANK YOU!! :-)