Options

Why are so many people getting upset about threads concerning REAL problems...

vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
edited July 2008 in The Porch
A bunch of people keep bitching about the multiple threads over the bootleg problems, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. The more attention we draw to the concerns, the more likely the 10C will try to fix the situation. Poor sound quality, almost zero audience audio(Bonaroo sounds like there were 12 people in the middle of a field in Tennessee listening to the band...what were there 150,000?), mislabelled discs, discs that won't play, weeks and weeks without even a shipping notice, etc, etc, etc...

Do you complainers just want every thread to be about "is it ok for Ed to wear white pants because it's before Labor day?", or "How much does Ed love Matt?", or how "Doesn't Stone look like the Uni-bomber with that beard?", or "Do you think Ed is super-tacky and drinks his favorite red wine with fish?" Who gives a fuck?

Stop being so juvenile. Every member of this board has the EXACT same right to bitch, and moan, and voice their opinion as every other member. I don't care if your fan club number is 6 or 480,000.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Real problems? Real problems are people starving in africa because they havn't eaten for two weeks. Real problems are people having to find out that there son has died as he has just been shot to death in the street. Real problems are the fucking war.

You're the one getting upset now. Over practically nothing.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:
    Real problems? Real problems are people starving in africa because they havn't eaten for two weeks. Real problems are people having to find out that there son has died as he has just been shot to death in the street. Real problems are the fucking war.

I'm talking about 'problems' having to do with the bootlegs. Don't be a jerk-off. Donate your entire paycheck to Sally Struthers if you're losing sleep over it, pal
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'm talking about 'problems' having to do with the bootlegs. Don't be a jerk-off. Donate your entire paycheck to Sally Struthers if you're losing sleep over it, pal

HA ! this made me lol.

i could almost hear Denis Leary sarying this !!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    It's just the way you capitalised real in the title. Meh, I'm a bastard sometimes. Then again, arn't we all.
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:
    It's just the way you capitalised real in the title. Meh, I'm a bastard sometimes. Then again, arn't we all.

I may have been a bit harsh too. We're all friends here. Let's try not to ever forget that.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    haha... of course...
    we bitch about something, and then bitch about bitching about something, and then bitch about too many people bitching about something, and then we bitch that people have bitched about people bitching... which is pretty much the description of the message pit these days.

i don't think we need 150 threads on the same topic of boots. i don't think the 10c staff say "oh no captain, we're up to 17 threads... 3 more and it meets the quota for us to do something about it" but whatever. :rolleyes:
    Murderers wrote:

i agree... if boots are your definition of real problems then i think you've got it pretty good.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    I may have been a bit harsh too. We're all friends here. Let's try not to ever forget that.

I will NEVER "TRASH" Pearl Jam. Yes people take things personally. Welcome to our world. Grow a thicker skin. I'm sure you're a nice person. :)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    Sure man. :)
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    wow this thread took a turn for the positive really quickly hahahha...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    wow this thread took a turn for the positive really quickly hahahha...
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd54/mymanvedder/4021523-2-1.jpg
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:
    Fuckin sweet, bro...

U do see where I'm coming from though, right? Shouldn't we be airing our 'grievances' in addition to talking about Ed's freakin pants?
  • Options

YES! We ALL are at times (HARSH). As long as you have love for PJ music- who cares anyway? It's all relevent....different points of view. Being "different " makes us all Pearl Jam fans. This is stupid, (and you know it!)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

• Options
    Fuckin sweet, bro...

U do see where I'm coming from though, right? Shouldn't we be airing our 'grievances' in addition to talking about Ed's freakin pants?
    Yeah, I understand. But it's not the end of the world. It's the first time they've done the physical boots in a while so they're not gonna get everything right.
  • Options
    Just for the record, I believe the original poster meant "real" as in "legitimate."
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:
    Yeah, I understand. But it's not the end of the world. It's the first time they've done the physical boots in a while so they're not gonna get everything right.
    I completely understand that, but my feeling is if that they realize the 'problem' now, maybe they'll go a different route in the future. This nband has always been about pleasing it's fans. I really don't think they would be interested in stopping here.
  • Options
    Just for the record, I believe the original poster meant "real" as in "legitimate."
    Thank you. I'm not talking about kids with autism, or the fact that cancer has taken 2 of my uncles here, I'm ONLY referring to the boots.
  • Options
    You're, no doubt, correct, I've said some things on this board, in the past and have been severely "thrashed" for it, or mis- quoted. That SUCKS! My comments are never intented to make anyone feel bad... about themselves because they had a point of view... and wanted to comment. Much love to you all.

• Options
    Rose1963 wrote:
    You're, no doubt, correct, I've said some things on this board, in the past and have been severely "thrashed" for it, or mis- quoted. That SUCKS! My comments are never intented to make anyone feel bad... about themselves because they had a point of view... and wanted to comment. Much love to you all.
    Much love to YOU, Rose1963...
  • Options

I always seem to over-emphasize things in my life. As long as you love PJ music - we will ALWAYS have something in common...... therefore, we will always be friends. Sometimes we all need to speak what's on our minds. I do, too! :)

• Options
    We all bitch and complain,,,,, from time to time. (Some.... way more than others...which is NOT you~! I personally like that Eddie wears the same clothes ( white pants ...as wekk as the "Peace Sign" shirt..... over and over and over.....to me - it makes him that much cool-er.) Eddie REPRESENTS!!!! Whatever...............for those that disagree!.

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    my husband was right here with you today, loading the DC discs onto the ipod program. i won't share the choice words he had. :o hahaha. suffice to say, he was displeased with the lack on consistency in naming the discs, and thus them going out of order. is it a big deal in the scheme of things? no. but when you buy a product, you do expect it to be professionally done.

funny thing too, i told him how the jones beach boot from 08.24.00 seemed to be damaged, at least on my ipod. he looked into it, was able to correct it...but not after flipping out, again, over how the discs themselves must be 'coded' and again, inconsistently, so you have to manually rename the discs so they then load in proper order. once again...in the scheme of things...not important. however, it does seem a wee bit shoddy production in that sense? the years listed on each disc were incorrect! :p

anyhoooooo.....i hear ya. thus far we've only received our DC boot, and quite honestly i have not gotten the chance to listen to it for 'real'...as in the CD playing thru the top-notch sound system. hubby was too busy messing about with the dsics for the ipods :o...and then yea, other things to do. so tomorrow it is my goal to listen entirely, and i hope the4 sound is brilliant. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow