Options

I ALMOST don't care if I land EV tix tomorrow...

vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Between the 4 shows my girl and I attended, one of which we had to pay through the nose for, the 5 bootlegs I ordered, The 2 T-shirts and 1 tote bag we bought, all the beer at the venues, the train rides into the city both nights for MSG, the hotel in Philly for the Camden shows, and all the other expenses...I think a small part of me is hoping I don't even get the tickets for EV solo. It's been a draining month, in every sense of the word...

Anybody else feel this way?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I will be bummed if I dont score EV tix tomorrow - but my wallet will be happy!!!!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,745
    Yea, I'm gonna see Radiohead in Camden the week after Newark so a very small part of me won't be too sad if I don't score EV tix, just so i don't have to agonize over a way to explain to my wife why I'll be spending so much time (and money) in NJ this August...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    i dont want to over-do it this year either.........

Seeing Ed solo would be nice..........but for some reason it doesn't get me pumped like a regular PJ show. I'm working up my energy for next year's tour (new album will hopefully be out, it should be a big one)
  • Options
    Rodger3478Rodger3478 Posts: 44
    I love Pearl Jam completely, but since 2006 I have scene Pearl Jam 15 times and nothing compares to the shows that I went to in 2000 when I had really shitty seats and didn't care. The fact that I was just going to see Pearl Jam made it all the difference. The past few years I have been able to attend more shows, but the excitement is different than it was when I was in my late teens and early 20's. I listen to Pearl Jam everyday, but I get more enjoyment listening to some of my older boots. Thinking about SNL 94 and Soldier Field, which was my first show! I did got to Hartford and Mansfield and was able to score ticks to Ed Vedder in Milwaukee, but it is different. Maybe different in a more adult kind of way! Thank god for Hartford during this tour!!! One of my top shows ever.
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i would have enjoyed going but.......the money will be better used on my hobbies.
    i know some people here that going to see pj/ed shows is their hobby.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.