Back To The Future on Blu Ray

The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,438
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I just bought the standard DVD re-release of the trilogy, but now I'm wondering if I should've picked up the blu ray instead. I watch most DVDs in my room but the blu ray TV and DVD player is downstairs and seeing as I live with parents I can barely get to watch anything downstairs.

Anyway, the thing that's tempting me is all the new bonus stuff you get which is exclusive to the blu ray release. Has anyone bought the set and seen the new stuff? Is it worth me re-buying the whole set for it?

Also, which film is your favourite? Here's mine:

1. Part 1
2. Part 3
3. Part 2

I think part 2 was maybe a little too ambitious and it comes off as a bit confusing.
2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
2009: Manchester
2010: Belfast, Berlin
2012: Manchester I & II
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    does anybody actually watch the bonus stuff.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    81 wrote:

Or the 2nd and 3rd movies? I only remember the first one...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • My favorite trilogy. My wife and I are Getting the Blu Ray set for ourselves for Xmas. But if you already bought the DVD save your money for something else.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

they are all solid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • My favorite trilogy. My wife and I are Getting the Blu Ray set for ourselves for Xmas. But if you already bought the DVD save your money for something else.

My fav as well. And I LOVE part 2, it gets no respect. I love the alternate time line and the hoverboard!
  • The Rock wrote:
    I just bought the standard DVD re-release of the trilogy, but now I'm wondering if I should've picked up the blu ray instead. I watch most DVDs in my room but the blu ray TV and DVD player is downstairs and seeing as I live with parents I can barely get to watch anything downstairs.

Anyway, the thing that's tempting me is all the new bonus stuff you get which is exclusive to the blu ray release. Has anyone bought the set and seen the new stuff? Is it worth me re-buying the whole set for it?

Also, which film is your favourite? Here's mine:

1. Part 1
    2. Part 3
    3. Part 2

I think part 2 was maybe a little too ambitious and it comes off as a bit confusing.

To answer your question, I upgraded to the Blu ray. I haven't watched all of the extras but there are some new interviews with Michael J. Fox that I watched. I got the Blu rays for the picture quality. They look great on Blu.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Get Blu!

Oh, and the 2nd one was pretty bad.
  • I cant believe all the knocking of part 2. That might be my favorite of the trilogy!

I already have the standard definition trilogy, might be time to upgrade to the blu-ray. Damn technology always changing...
  • spencer958 wrote:
    My favorite trilogy. My wife and I are Getting the Blu Ray set for ourselves for Xmas. But if you already bought the DVD save your money for something else.

My fav as well. And I LOVE part 2, it gets no respect. I love the alternate time line and the hoverboard!

haha, yeah part 2 is wild. What a crazy script! Biff is all rich and powerful and Marty and Doc have to go back to 1955 and avoid their other selves, lol. Brilliant.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    1 is by far the best, but the plot in #2 is awesome, I love how they go back and see themself from #1, that's amazing
  • 81 wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

they are all solid.

2nd one by far the best

Hover Boards...nuff said
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 81 wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

they are all solid.
    because theyre all essentially the same movie :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • I agree that part 2 was pretty lame. Part 3 totally redeemed the trilogy though, it was incredible.
    "It's all happening"
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I agree that part 2 was pretty lame. Part 3 totally redeemed the trilogy though, it was incredible.
    Part 3 was a fitting ending, but the more simplistic movie. Part 2 had much more going on and a more challenging storyline. I read somewhere no one had ever really attempted the time-traveling interweave that unraveled in Part 2 at the time.. The second half of the movie was much better than the first half.
  • The first 15/20 minutes of part 2 was kind of lame, not the whole first half. Just the future stuff, in 2015. Like Griff. I liked the cafe 80's though! And then the whole rest of the movie was great. I love when Marty watches that video of how Biff made his millions and sees the footage of Biff marrying his Mom and Biff sticks his tongue in her mouth and Marty screams Nooooooooo! LOL I friggin love this movie and the whole trilogy. And they better never make a 4th movie.
  • Can anyone tell me where I can find the blu ray? I got my boyfriend a blu ray player for christmas and I know he would love this. Thanks!
  • uksteph11 wrote:
    Can anyone tell me where I can find the blu ray? I got my boyfriend a blu ray player for christmas and I know he would love this. Thanks!

You're from the UK? No idea. Try buying it online, or go to the HMV equivalent in the UK! Where would you normally go to buy blueray movies??