Has anyone from Belichek's staff been successful?

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
McDaniels canned...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5892528

At least with Bill Parcells (his "mentor"), he had many many successes with his staff taking on head coaching positions...
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    good question!

I don't think so, but one of his guys had to turn out allright.
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • Just goes to show you how brilliant this man really is.

And we all know now that McDaniels is the bastard child of the Belichick coaching tree.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weiss and now McDaniels all failed as head coaches Am I missing anyone else?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    It's a tough job.
  • Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weiss and now McDaniels all failed as head coaches Am I missing anyone else?
    Crennel and Weiss are technically from the Parcells coaching tree.

McDaniels and Mangenius are from Belichick's tree.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Some people are just meant to be coordinators rather than head coaches. See Phillips, Wade.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

Nick Saban was under him in Cleveland for a few years (not sure if that counts), but while not good in the NFL as a head coach, he is obviously successful in college.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

wow...he tried to fuck up that franchise and did a good job.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    Just goes to show you how brilliant this man really is.

And we all know now that McDaniels is the bastard child of the Belichick coaching tree.

or how effective of a cheater he is and/or how lucky he is that drew bledsoe got hurt and one of the top 3 qbs of all time fell into his lap. just sayin
  • pjhawks wrote:

or how effective of a cheater he is and/or how lucky he is that drew bledsoe got hurt and one of the top 3 qbs of all time fell into his lap. just sayin
    :cry:

Sure looked like cheating last night. Without all that cheating we woulda only won by 4 TDs instead of 6.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    pjhawks wrote:

Hardcore Colts fan, so I hate them both equally, but Bellichek woulda had those rings with or without Brady.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pjhawks wrote:

Sure looked like cheating last night. Without all that cheating we woulda only won by 4 TDs instead of 6.

i like blow out Monday night games, i can go to bed at half time
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Their video coordinator received a lot of public recognition!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    pjhawks wrote:

i hope pjhawks is kidding there
    www.myspace.com

What did i say that wasn't true Jaegs? He did luck into Tom Brady and is a convicted cheater. Not saying he is not a great coach but do you think he wins multiple super bowls with McNabb as his QB? if so than you think he has more to do with it than Tom Brady? thats crazy. i think having one of top 3-5 QBs of all time goes a long way towards his career record. remember he did suck balls in cleveland.
    pjhawks wrote:

What did i say that wasn't true Jaegs? He did luck into Tom Brady and is a convicted cheater. Not saying he is not a great coach but do you think he wins multiple super bowls with McNabb as his QB? if so than you think he has more to do with it than Tom Brady? thats crazy. i think having one of top 3-5 QBs of all time goes a long way towards his career record. remember he did suck balls in cleveland.

wow. i don't have time for this now. can anyone else take this one for me? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    pjhawks wrote:

wow. i don't have time for this now. can anyone else take this one for me? :lol:

Say what you will, the man rocks a fleece headband and cutoff gray sweatshirt like nobody else.

I'm remembering when Bledsoe got hurt, how nervous we all were that the backup kid Brady was leading the charge down the field. And then when Bledsoe was better and ready to play, Belichick stuck with him and that decision was widely debated in local media. They stopped debating pretty quickly, though.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    pjhawks wrote:

Say what you will, the man rocks a fleece headband and cutoff gray sweatshirt like nobody else.

I'm remembering when Bledsoe got hurt, how nervous we all were that the backup kid Brady was leading the charge down the field. And then when Bledsoe was better and ready to play, Belichick stuck with him and that decision was widely debated in local media. They stopped debating pretty quickly, though.

it's so much more than just brady though (see 2008). some of us were talking in another thread about how this team is always prepared for a big game--all 3 phases. the defense is always one of the league's best (except this year though they are getting much better and will probably be better next year with all the picks belichick's accumulated). they rarely ever get out coached. top to bottom that organization is always money.
    www.myspace.com
    it's so much more than just brady though (see 2008). some of us were talking in another thread about how this team is always prepared for a big game--all 3 phases. the defense is always one of the league's best (except this year though they are getting much better and will probably be better next year with all the picks belichick's accumulated). they rarely ever get out coached. top to bottom that organization is always money.

you conveniently ignored my question whether you think he wins multiple super bowls with mcnabb who i know you are not a fan of.
    pjhawks wrote:

you conveniently ignored my question whether you think he wins multiple super bowls with mcnabb who i know you are not a fan of.

with mcnabb? what does that have to do with anything? i don't know. maybe? would he have won with kurt warner or vinny testaverde or matt cassell?
    www.myspace.com
    with mcnabb? what does that have to do with anything? i don't know. maybe? would he have won with kurt warner or vinny testaverde or matt cassell?

it is relevant because you questioned my original comments AND because you say andy reid is not a great coach because he hasn't won a super bowl yet. Well if Bellicheck couldn't win one with mcnabb is he really a greater coach because he lucked into tom brady? again not saying he isn't a great coach, he is, but his legacy has as much to do with having tom brady as it does mr. bellicheck himself. and he didn't win one with Matt Cassell, in fact didn't make the playoffs with Matt Cassel if i recall correctly.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Ryan Howard
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

it is relevant because you questioned my original comments AND because you say andy reid is not a great coach because he hasn't won a super bowl yet. Well if Bellicheck couldn't win one with mcnabb is he really a greater coach because he lucked into tom brady? again not saying he isn't a great coach, he is, but his legacy has as much to do with having tom brady as it does mr. bellicheck himself. and he didn't win one with Matt Cassell, in fact didn't make the playoffs with Matt Cassel if i recall correctly.

are you seriously trying to compare andy reid to bill belichick? are you out of your mind? reid's a good coach but belichick can coach circles around him. like i've said many times you don't need to be great to win a super bowl. however you can't be considered great until you win one imo. greatness will find a way to get it done.

mcnabb was one of the beter qb's of the last decade (i realize that's hard to imagine right now, but he was). so yeah i think he could have won a sb up there. why not? he could have won one here under the right circumstances too.

when someone says bill walsh was a great coach, do you then say "well it was just because he got "lucky" with joe montana...?" ....same with lombardi/starr....knoll/bradshaw....johnson/aikman....etc, etc, etc

i brought up matt cassel because of your "lucky" comment. he drafted cassel even though cassel spent his entire college career as a back up. then backed up brady for 3 years. guy rode the bench for 7 straight years and the pates ended up winning 11 games with him.

bottom line, he's a great coach. and it's not totally because of tom brady--though he's an absolute beast. love brady. but every aspect of that team and organization is top notch. every year.
    www.myspace.com
  • bottom line, he's a great coach. and it's not totally because of tom brady--though he's an absolute beast. love brady. but every aspect of that team and organization is top notch. every year.
    :o:D It really is so much fun following this team. You're right, they are top notch.
    pjhawks wrote:

are you seriously trying to compare andy reid to bill belichick? are you out of your mind? reid's a good coach but belichick can coach circles around him. like i've said many times you don't need to be great to win a super bowl. however you can't be considered great until you win one imo. greatness will find a way to get it done.

mcnabb was one of the beter qb's of the last decade (i realize that's hard to imagine right now, but he was). so yeah i think he could have won a sb up there. why not? he could have won one here under the right circumstances too.

when someone says bill walsh was a great coach, do you then say "well it was just because he got "lucky" with joe montana...?" ....same with lombardi/starr....knoll/bradshaw....johnson/aikman....etc, etc, etc

i brought up matt cassel because of your "lucky" comment. he drafted cassel even though cassel spent his entire college career as a back up. then backed up brady for 3 years. guy rode the bench for 7 straight years and the pates ended up winning 11 games with him.

bottom line, he's a great coach. and it's not totally because of tom brady--though he's an absolute beast. love brady. but every aspect of that team and organization is top notch. every year.

never said he wasn't a great coach but surely tom brady has added to his greatness. is he greater than some of those other coaches mentioned (and not mentioned), it's hard to say. Bill Walsh's offense revolutionized the game so I'd surely give him a nod over those others you list.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    It's a chemistry thing, this relationship between coach and quarterback. It has to work on a cellular level.

Look at the list below, I'm not sure how it would work if you put Marino with Belichick _ not well, I'm thinking. And I can't imagine Brady with Shula, either.

Most Wins, Head Coach-Starting Quarterback Combinations

1. Don Shula & Dan Marino (116)

2. Chuck Noll & Terry Bradshaw (107)

3. Marv Levy & Jim Kelly (99)

4. Bill Belichick & Tom Brady (97) *

5. Andy Reid & Donovan McNabb (92)

* Active Leader

Read more at Suite101: Successful NFL Head Coach-Starting QB Combinations (1950-2009) http://www.suite101.com/content/nfl-hea ... z17Wx3ZPqi
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    It's a chemistry thing, this relationship between coach and quarterback. It has to work on a cellular level.

Look at the list below, I'm not sure how it would work if you put Marino with Belichick _ not well, I'm thinking. And I can't imagine Brady with Shula, either.

* Active Leader

Read more at Suite101: Successful NFL Head Coach-Starting QB Combinations (1950-2009) http://www.suite101.com/content/nfl-hea ... z17Wx3ZPqi

3 of the top 5 didn't win a super bowl together. that is pretty interesting.
  • pjhawks wrote:

* Active Leader

So is that the other two won 4 and 3 super bowls together.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    pjhawks wrote:

* Active Leader

So is that the other two won 4 and 3 super bowls together.

and that only one of them went 1-4 in conference championship games. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

never said he wasn't a great coach but surely tom brady has added to his greatness. is he greater than some of those other coaches mentioned (and not mentioned), it's hard to say. Bill Walsh's offense revolutionized the game so I'd surely give him a nod over those others you list.

of course brady added to his greatness. just like all those other qb's added to their coaches greatness.
    www.myspace.com