Got The Strat

S0nic reducerS0nic reducer Posts: 163
edited December 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Thanks for all the good info to those who replied. I went with the strat because i currently have a epi les paul studio and when i played the gibson SG at guitar center the neck and sound was similar to my epi . I loved the feel of the strat neck really smooth and fast but it will take some getting use to the single coil pickup sound. I think i made the right choice. Thoughts ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Great choice! :). What kind of strat did you get?
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • If YOU think you made the right choice, you did...

I know I sound like Harry Potter here, but with every guitar I've bought, as soon as I played it, I 'knew'.. It was rarely logic dictating, and only once have I bought what I went in intending to buy,
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Nice addition to the guitar family. I still can't find a neck on a strat that I am comfortable with.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • I got the american standard with the sunburst finish with rosewood fret. The epi les paul will have to hold me over untill i can afford the gibson.
  • spoman wrote:
    I got the american standard with the sunburst finish with rosewood fret. The epi les paul will have to hold me over untill i can afford the gibson.
    I have that same color combo on my American Series from 06... I believe stickmanjam has the same guitar as well!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I've got one of those too. It's a great guitar. Although, as much as I love it, I prefer the neck on my Carvin Bolt to it.
    05/03/2010 Kansas City, Missouri
    10/09/2014 Lincoln, Nebraska
  • Nice choice. Can't go wrong with a Strat!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    spoman wrote:
    I got the american standard with the sunburst finish with rosewood fret. The epi les paul will have to hold me over untill i can afford the gibson.
    I have that same color combo on my American Series from 06... I believe stickmanjam has the same guitar as well!

so do i! great guitar!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com