Ipod Docking Station Recommendations?

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Looking for something relatively cheap in price, but plays decent sound and charges an ipod while plugged in. It's a 8gb 4th generation ipod. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have a Logitech iPod docking station, it charges and the sounds pretty good imo
    i'm not sure about the price though
  • Mine sucks, I have had a couple, the problem with most docking stations is that I find after a while the actual piece that you plug your i pod or the receiver piece in your ipod, loosens up after a while and the wiring or something gets stretched. As long as it has a docking station that supports the whole ipod and doesnt just plug in, they make dozens of different brands of these things. apple related brands are more expensive but in the long run will probably last longer
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Cool- thanks for the advice. I just hook mine up to my home stereo - very cheap and effective, but my girlfriend wants one for Christmas, so I figured I'd ask around here before buying one
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    ended up getting this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-IMT ... 174&sr=8-1

Good price and good reviews - will do the trick
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• I have a small iHome alarm clock, it has excellent sound. I also have some sort of Sony that also plays cds, I have used it yet, but I'll let you know. Right now I'm looking for a cheap one to give my son in conjunction with a shuffle I'm giving him for Christmas, anyone have an recommendations for that?
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    I have a logitech one that has a rechargeable battery in it and charges when plugged. I have an ipod classic and have no probs with it. I use it at work all the time. Love it.

ATM I am searching for mini system with ipod dock, DAB and cd player in it.....for my soon to be 6yo! :lol:
  • I have a logitech one that has a rechargeable battery in it and charges when plugged. I have an ipod classic and have no probs with it. I use it at work all the time. Love it.

ATM I am searching for mini system with ipod dock, DAB and cd player in it.....for my soon to be 6yo! :lol:

Let me know what you find, I know it might seem impossible, but I would like something decent for around $20. ;) I thought about the iDog, but I think they only run on AA batteries, which could get expensive with a six year old.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    LukinFan wrote:
    ended up getting this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-IMT ... 174&sr=8-1

Good price and good reviews - will do the trick

I see you already got one but this is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-inM ... rid_pt_0_1

I think you are fine with an Altec Lansing one. A couple of Christmases ago I brought mine home and accidently used another plug to plug it in. After doing that, it wouldn't recognize any ipod I put on it. I emailed Altec and they said that using the wrong plug wouldn't cause that problem. I can see why they said that, but I think it totally caused it because it worked fine before then. They sent me out a brand new after I sent them my broken one, no charge. I was really happy with their customer service and it sounds really good.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Anyone have the "Arc Speaker Dock"? It's a groupon deal today for $20 and I'm in the market. Worth a shit?
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-arc-spe ... =deal-page
    We were but stones your light made us stars