Dodgy traders for christmas

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Whilst we're all in the middle of christmas shopping, I just want to warn you all about

www.simplyelectronics.net

Seems this company quite often comes to the top of any search. However, I've just found out that they're dodgy.

I ordered a camera, was told I'd have it in 2-7 days. The only reason I ordered from them was that that particular colour was sold out everywhere else and it was a pressie for my niece.

10 days later I contacted THEM asking where it was. They replied saying that it was damaged and they had to return it and they didn't know when they'd get a replacement (were they going to tell me?). They offered me a similar camera, I chose the same in a different colour, but on condition they send direct to my niece (I said I'd email AND fax change of address, as stated in their website) and they said they couldn't do that for security reasons. I said ok but that I want compensation as I would now have to send recorded delivery. They said they couldn't do that either.

I cancelled my order. They replied saying they want to keep my order and offer the other camera. I again confirmed the order cancelled... they then replied saying the cancellation will be processed, the refund will be initiated, blah blah blah. It all sounded like stalling. So I googled the company (YES, I know I should have done this in the first place and I normally do... but I was slightly drunk and it WAS sold out everywhere else so I panic ordered) and it turns out this seems to be common practice. One guy was so annoyed he even set up his own website:

http://simplyelectronicsnot.webs.com/

So moral of the story is... do NOT order from them.

Any more dodgy companies?
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    I was going to order a set of Stride Rite Captain Rex (Clone Wars) shoes for my son from Shoebuy.com Thankfully I did a search of them and saved myself a damned lot of heartache.
  • I was going to order a set of Stride Rite Captain Rex (Clone Wars) shoes for my son from Shoebuy.com Thankfully I did a search of them and saved myself a damned lot of heartache.
    I'm quite annoyed with myself for NOT doing the search cos I always do... the one time I don't, this happens. :evil:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Any more traders we should be wary of? Since we'll all be doing a bit of online shopping this year probably.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    always do digging before buying from a random site. to many scammers and wanna be's out there
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i am scared
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613