Options

Hater tonight in Seattle! Anyone attending besides me?

seattlerockguyseattlerockguy Posts: 61
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Hater the side project of Matt Cameron and Ben Shepard are playing tonight at the Tractor in Ballard. First time in I think 10 years. It should be pretty cool seeing Matt play a tiny venue like this, as well as Ben Shepard. I wish Ben was more active but a least he's out there unlike Kim Thayil whose more or less a studio musician and a concert goer (always see him out around town) now. Not to knock either one of them. You can't really top Soundgarden, nothing wrong with going out on a high note. This should be a memorable experience.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I would go, but I have to work all night tonight! Ironically, this is the only night I have to work this whole week.
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Yup!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
  • Options
    Pasta playa hata!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    and out the door I go!

• Options
    oh sorry to miss this- I really like the Tractor.
    Going to reverb fest this weekend though.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    Hater was great last night, Ben Shepard was having a blast and or course Matt Cameron was unbelievable. Kim Thayil was in attendance, I asked him if he was going to join them for a song, he politely said no he was there just to watch. He was a very nice guy, which I've heard a million times. 3/4 of Soundgarden in one room, overall it was a good tuesday. The Hater songs are actually pretty heavy and strong live I'll have to break out those records again it's been awhile. Cheers
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    What nobody else went? You Seattleites have to take advantage of the great PJ stuff that is always thrown your way.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    It hurt to see Kim in the crowd, and not up there with um'! But a great night it was. Also saw Mr. Klausen in attendance. Nice to see Ben playing at least!

• Options
    Who made up the band? Ben, Matt, and who else?
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    GrrrleGrrrle Posts: 27
    Can I ask why would it hurt Kim didn't join them when HELLO Kim isn't even in Hater? Give it up there will not be a Soundgarden reunion. Geeze!

I would have gone as I am a Seattle-ite BUT I have a 2 week old baby to take care of. Bad timing on our part HEHEHEHE :)
    "I think war is a dangerous place."— George W. Bush Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Also saw Mr. Klausen in attendance.!

how long before bK is hounded for posters at shows he attends? ;)

p.s. obviously not suggesting you were in any way a hassle to bK, just putting the notion out there :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I heard BK wouldn't even attend bumbershoot or the poster show because of all the crazy PJ fans bothering him. Is that true??
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    Grrrle wrote:
    Can I ask why would it hurt Kim didn't join them when HELLO Kim isn't even in Hater? Give it up there will not be a Soundgarden reunion. Geeze!

I would have gone as I am a Seattle-ite BUT I have a 2 week old baby to take care of. Bad timing on our part HEHEHEHE :)

I dont think I asked for a Soundgarden reunion...Did I?

Kim Thayil is one bad motherfucker with a guitar in hand. You listen to Soundgarden? Most of those songs are played with, you guessed it... One guitar. When was the last time you got to see Kim play live? Ohh..... I'm guessing.... Never?

That is why it hurt.

They even sent a shout out to Kim. Very cool night.

"This one is for Thayil"

• Options
    GR8Dane wrote:
    I dont think I asked for a Soundgarden reunion...Did I?

Kim Thayil is one bad motherfucker with a guitar in hand. You listen to Soundgarden? Most of those songs are played with, you guessed it... One guitar. When was the last time you got to see Kim play live? Ohh..... I'm guessing.... Never?

That is why it hurt.

They even sent a shout out to Kim. Very cool night.

"This one is for Thayil"

I actually saw Kim Thail play guitar a couple years ago here in Seattle at Neumoe's for the MC5 reunion show...so yes he does play once and awhile.
    "I think war is a dangerous place."— George W. Bush Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003
  • Options
    Grrrle wrote:
    I actually saw Kim Thail play guitar a couple years ago here in Seattle at Neumoe's for the MC5 reunion show...so yes he does play once and awhile.

I was at that show, it was great! It was in 2004 I believe, so yes I suppose he plays once and awhile. :)
  • Options
    lca1630 wrote:
    I was at that show, it was great! It was in 2004 I believe, so yes I suppose he plays once and awhile. :)

Ed Vedder was in attendance that night too :)