So I joined facebook today...

youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
reluctantly.

I've been holding out till now. Just talked to a very close friend of mine who is in the military and he is going on deployment to the middle east in January. He's in the Navy and said it would be much easier for him to view photos and keep in touch through facebook rather than email. We served together when I was in so I definately know how important it is to keep in touch when you are away for so long. So that's it. Guess we'll see how it goes.
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's really what you make of it. Just don't get caught up in the games, the pokes, fortune cookies and all that other stupid crap.

Honestly, it's been really great for reconnecting with people from my past.
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    stay away from farmville and you'll be cool
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I've played one game and that's right with Snake; other than that, I use it to talk to people I don't see any more.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    I have resisted joining facebook for a while but am probably going to be setting up an account soon. As more of my friends start to have kids, it just seems like an easy way to keep in touch and share pictures.
  • Facebook is a good contact tool.
    The main rule of thumb is that I don't accept freindship requests from people I have not met. As soon as you create a account you will get multiple requests from either people that just want to get there friends number list up or fake profiles.

Just stick to the people you know and it will be fine. I used to be the same I joined two years ago and to be honest just don't take it seriously. It is a good way to find old friends and keep in touch with current ones so good luck.
  • :silent:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :silent:
    Looks like you're gonna have to join now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I gave in 3 weeks ago..

I will say it's great for connecting with old friends/co workers
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i applaud the person who ever talks me into joining facebook cause clearly theyll be using witchcraft... and i cnat really compete with that. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I'll keep the resistance. Everyone telling me to join but I don't have the time. I don't want to be found. I like the people I live with.
  • Got to say. Wish they had this when I was in war. Great way to stay in contact. Fuck we didn't even have cell phones. Yes I'm talking about the 90's. Somalia. Iraq I, Haiti, Balkans...the good old peaceful days..
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I gave in 3 weeks ago..

I will say it's great for connecting with old friends/co workers

PM me your contact and we can add each other.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life