Interview with Anne Rice

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... ve_an.html

Kind of an intreresting interview. Shes seems so 'all over the place' these days though.

She reveals that there are talks about new Vampire movies, but she doenst say which books. I always kinda hoped for the Witch series to hi tthe big screen.
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I always wanted to see Memnoch the Devil get made into a movie, that's one freaky F'n book.

her beliefs have changed so much since then, she probably wouldn't back it today.
  • I have been waiting for years for her to make the witch books into movies
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • I always wanted to see Memnoch the Devil get made into a movie, that's one freaky F'n book.

her beliefs have changed so much since then, she probably wouldn't back it today.

Yeah, there's so much potential with her ideas, but it needs to be done right (Queen of the Damned was a travesty)

She says in the interview that she owns all the rights and is being selective, which is a good thing. I wouldve agreed with you about her not backing it -- before I read this interview though, she has changed so much, I am suprised to see that she is willing to commit those older vampire chronicles to the big screen.

Memnoch would be awesome, and so would Vampire Lestat.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    i thought she was dead?

maybe i was thinking of anne heche....or anne frank.
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    First five minutes of Queen of the Damned i loved, then it turned to shit quick. heart breaking really. the guy who played Armand looked like a frog.

Lestat could be a great movie, young human wolf killer, Lestat's maker, the Vampire theatre, lotta potential there.

gotta stay away from The Body Thief, no good there.