Options

So I had this dream about a new Pearl Jam song.

Purple PuppyPurple Puppy Posts: 149
edited February 2008 in The Porch
It was very athletic. or one I forgot I wanted to write for Pearl Jam. And it was like I was watching a video. Eddie was running away from me and a bunch of people. Or maybe just a bunch of people. And the song was a bunch of you can be.. this and that. You can be.. The end is you can be.. anything you want to be. You can be.. a libertine. I hope they write it. He was singing as he ran. You can be a singer while you run. You can be a homage paid to a certain some. You can be an honest wage someone works for in the sun. You can be a madman every woman wants some. You can be a buzzard buzzing bee. You can be winner of a spelling bee. You can be a nashville star quarterbacking lead. You can be berated without knowing the feel. You can be a chopper flying playing the field. You can be a slobbering electromagnetic field. You can be a copper clobbering the steal. You can be a copper penny swallowing the steel. You can be a vow of silence screaming. You can be creepy loud as can be. You can be creeping out of the crypt without anyone seeing. You can beat yourself up about nothing at all. You can be a chirping, croaking frog. You can be someone's good shaking dog. You can be the spelled-reverse, opposite of a dog, sexily. You can be a good handshake and a sleeping log. You can be all those lost memories. You can be feeling trapped inside all that you perceive. You can pussyfoot around all that you receive. You can be rancid and creative. You can be everything that you may live. You be living out what other people won't give..
It was more identifying. I know Jeff can think of better things to be. I'm not sure I heard the whole song but I think it was better than this. I had the dream after seeing him on Dogtown and Z-Boys. I sent the dream to Pearl Jam on myspace. I think Stone reads that mail? We should all write some of the song.
Signed it, grind it.
Corroding and foreboding.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I want some of what you're having... really.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    sounds like the theme of wishlist to me. Take away 'you can be' and replce with 'i wish i was' and bobs your uncle
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Alright. You can be having some of what I'm having. You can be had by your misbehaving. You can be sad feeling that you're halving. You can be a pecan pie salivating for. You can be playing with your action figure Serpentor. You can be a sidewinder in the baseball diamond score. You can be guarding all that we have in store. You can be made out of the purest ore. You can be milked without screaming that you're torn. You can be a member of where you were born. You can be December and all you were born for. You can be sailing your ship be named Bountiful. You can be so much and the most beautiful.
    Signed it, grind it.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    You can be a sidewinder in the baseball diamond score.
    I don't even care what this means, it's actually a really good line. Sounds like a Michael Stipe style lyric.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I don't even care what this means, it's actually a really good line. Sounds like a Michael Stipe style lyric.
    That's my man.
    Signed it, grind it.
  • Options
    Alright. You can be having some of what I'm having. You can be had by your misbehaving. You can be sad feeling that you're halving. You can be a pecan pie salivating for. You can be playing with your action figure Serpentor. You can be a sidewinder in the baseball diamond score. You can be guarding all that we have in store. You can be made out of the purest ore. You can be milked without screaming that you're torn. You can be a member of where you were born. You can be December and all you were born for. You can be sailing your ship be named Bountiful. You can be so much and the most beautiful.

I keep imagining you speaking this stuff over a mic at a poetry slam in a smokey NY bar.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Which bar. Maybe I'll go.
    Signed it, grind it.
  • Options
    Ever notice that everyone time someone tells you about their dream, you don't care at all.

But everytime you have a weird dream, you feel like you have to tell someone, even though you know they don't care.

maybe its just me
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    damn.
    Signed it, grind it.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    Ever notice that everyone time someone tells you about their dream, you don't care at all.

But everytime you have a weird dream, you feel like you have to tell someone, even though you know they don't care.

maybe its just me

This is so true. :D

No one really cares but people still feel compelled to share them because they feel so unsettling! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    damn.

Damn? What damn? Damn what?

Do you ever feel that you are more lucid in that stage between sleeping and being fully awake? Like, I've also written songs - or had conversations with people where I've said exactly the right thing - in that half asleep/half awake stage and been aware of how easily the words came to me, and of using words that I never normally use. Sometimes I think that I'm more intelligent/sharp in that place than I am when fully conscious. Like somehow my normal conscious state is slightly cloudy and blunted compared to what I suspect is deep inside.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    groovy
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Am I on drugs? :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Am I on drugs? :confused:

I have the same feeling when I read purple puppy's threads.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.