Sleep..

2»

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    imagine sleeping, but it never actually doing anything...

thats my life for the past 6 months.

i was on graveyard shift, 1030pm to 7 am for a couple months a few years back and it ruined me. I turned into a zombie and vowed never to return. Here I am now at my current job, 6 straight months of night shift this one midnight to 830 am. I knew I'd never be able to do 40 hours of it, so I requested part time, and thats what ive been doing the past couple months or so.

this week though as a coworker is on vacation im doing 40 hours a week, 12am-830am one day, 4am to 1230pm the next, 12am-830am the next etc...

Its the most awful experience of my life. I can get 8 hours plus of sleep and it makes no differnce. My body aches. Im sick of it.

Its like you never feel normal...ever. Its ruined my life. I dont ask for much in life, but having a job with normal working hours, a 9 to 5, thats something I never will take for granted again.

I hear you. Last year I had to work a 3 AM to 11 AM shift for a few months. I was miserable! I felt like I was out of sync with the rest of the world. When everyone else was getting home from work or getting ready to go out, I was going to bed. I remember sleeping until 4 AM on weekends and feeling like I had slept in. It was weird.

I vow to never do that again and if I do, I will force myself to get another job, whatever it takes.

Some people have no problem with it. I work with a few people who start at midnight, 2 AM or 3AM. I say leave those jobs for the people that like it. They're not for us.

I'm on call all the time right now, but love my regular hours. My alarm is set for 8 AM every day.
  • Can't sleep, Clown will eat me :shock:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • I'll sleep when I'm dead.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    In bed by 10 everynight...usually out before 10:30...No tv in my room, but I have to have music or dr drew or SOMETHING, or I cant sleep at all....Sleep like a ROCK until 2-2:30 am everday...then like clockwork, I am awake every half hour until 5 when I get up....I always wake up and look directly at the clock...almost as though I am late or have overslept....horrible feeling....and then even if I do fall back alseep, I am awake ONE MINUTE before the alarm goes off....Have not actually heard the alarm go off in well over a year...starngest thing...ONE MIN everyday.....Weekends is pretty much the same way...That said, I feel refreshed and dont feel like I am missing out on any sleep.... :D

Do this. GET RID OF THE CLOCK!!!

It helped me out immensely. I just use my phone as an alarm, but keep it on my dresser on the other side of the room. I had to go as far as get rid of my bathroom clock and any clocks I might see if I have to make a night trip to the washroom.

I've found if I have no idea what time it is, I have no idea how much sleep I've had, and worry less about what time I woke up or will wake up again, making it easier to fall back and stay alseep.

The clock creates anxiety. Don't turn your sleep in to a timed event. Just let it happen or not.

The best cure for insomnia is not worrying about having it. I read an article that said insomnia is not as bad for us as we think and that alone helped me sleep good the other night.

Tried what you said last night....I got up twice and walked accross the room to look at my phone!! lol...This will def take some getting use too!! :lol:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12