Vancouver-ites......HELP NEEDED

MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I have been offered a pretty kick ass promotion, but I have the choice of moving to Calgary or Vancouver.

My wife is not interested in Calgary.

For Vancouver, I need help identifying a few Family-friendly neighborhoods. I don't know Van all that well. The job offer is out by the Airport and I would like to keep the commute to 40 minutes or less.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't care what neighborhood you end up in (maybe other than Surrey) you're making the right choice to come to Vancouver. Richmond is close to the airport, maybe look around that area.

Good luck, and hope to see you at the next Vancouver show!
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    congradulations.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    just be prepared for the sticker shock of housing there ... a bungalow in burnaby is like $750 k ...

if your job is very close to the airport - i suggest you find a place close to the new transit line ... driving in vancouver isn't very good ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    just be prepared for the sticker shock of housing there ... a bungalow in burnaby is like $750 k ...

if your job is very close to the airport - i suggest you find a place close to the new transit line ... driving in vancouver isn't very good ...
    Thanks. Wifey and I spent the evening looking at housing. It would be very difficult to buy anything there.

We have 3 kids, so I need a little space.... ;)
  • Bizarro wrote:
    congradulations.
    Thanks!

What's with the name change?
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bizarro wrote:
    congradulations.
    Thanks!

What's with the name change?
    Name changes...although given the current iteration, maybe he should have picked 18?