So I guess I am buying a car this week....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,468
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Kathy wrecked the Mitsubishi...
She said it was a "fender bender"
The insurance agent called 2 days later and informed us the car is totaled.....
hehehehehehe

I do some of my best work at car dealerships.....

The last time I purchased a car....I ended up walking out of one dealership and telling the salesman he was a fucking blithering idiot.....hehehehehe
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Well, I can;t wait to hear the stories from this one! :mrgreen:

What kind of rig are the Speedy's looking for? And what will it take to put you in this nice automobile today?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ohhh, i do love a good auto purchase. sucks that you have to do a accident replacement.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    DO NOT let them hit you with the SHIPPING costs!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Kathy wrecked the Mitsubishi...
    She said it was a "fender bender"
    The insurance agent called 2 days later and informed us the car is totaled.....
    hehehehehehe

I do some of my best work at car dealerships.....

The last time I purchased a car....I ended up walking out of one dealership and telling the salesman he was a fucking blithering idiot.....hehehehehe

ugh...same thing happened to Mike a few weeks ago--minor fender bender, but the frame was bent. now he's got a new car but I'M the one that needs one...Can you come yell at my car salespeople for me?????
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln

i just read the other day that if a salesman doesn't ask you to leave at least once, you are doing a poor job of buying.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I'm in no way in the same league as Speedy, but my friend got a kick out of the way I had a service rep get down on his knees and explain to me just what the hell he was saying about tire rotation. While he was fumbling through his speil, I pointed out just how fuckin silly his idea was and he actually just sat there a minute trying to fiure out what I was TEACHING him. I think he is a much better rep now.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • twix.jpg

Puddy: That chick's whacked, we're history. I just left out a couple of things. Rust-proofing...

Jerry: Rust-proofing?

Puddy: Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder's fee...

Jerry: Finder's fee!? It was on the lot!

Puddy: Yeah, that's right. Floor mats, keys...

Jerry: Keys!?

Puddy: How ya gonna start it?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Paul David wrote:
    twix.jpg

Puddy: That chick's whacked, we're history. I just left out a couple of things. Rust-proofing...

Jerry: Rust-proofing?

Puddy: Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder's fee...

Jerry: Finder's fee!? It was on the lot!

Puddy: Yeah, that's right. Floor mats, keys...

Jerry: Keys!?

Puddy: How ya gonna start it?

A blithering idiot, right there. :lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Bizarro wrote:

i just read the other day that if a salesman doesn't ask you to leave at least once, you are doing a poor job of buying.
    Hahahaha, that's awesome! :lol:
  • Good luck shopping! I bought a brand new car for the first time last year and it went rather smoothly. I HATE dealing with car dealerships, all the game playing and bullshit.

I did everything online, was able to get a bunch of quotes and pit them against each other. Online quotes are already a better deal upfront. I still negotiated when I went into the dealership and did pretty well :)
  • Good luck shopping! I bought a brand new car for the first time last year and it went rather smoothly. I HATE dealing with car dealerships, all the game playing and bullshit.

I did everything online, was able to get a bunch of quotes and pit them against each other. Online quotes are already a better deal upfront. I still negotiated when I went into the dealership and did pretty well :)

That's right - submit to a bunch of dealers around you for online quotes. They've got to bring it just to get you in the door.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • And the fun begins......

Actually i think we are going to buy another Mitsubishi Gallant...
    I liked the car...
    She liked the car....

Fuck it...
    So I will buy a 2010 Gallant and just call it a day.....

But that could change at any moment....hehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • :lol:

Go get 'em, Speedy!
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
    let me know when you get your best quote and i will get them to beat it. you give me 50% of the savings.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    gal·lant/gəˈlant/
    Noun: A man who pays special attention to women.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    And the fun begins......

Actually i think we are going to buy another Mitsubishi Gallant...
    I liked the car...
    She liked the car....

Fuck it...
    So I will buy a 2010 Gallant and just call it a day.....

But that could change at any moment....hehehe

You do know that you can get a yr old Galant for like half the price.........they dont seem to hold resale very well.......worse than other Mitsubishis models at least.....
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I was picturing you in a Mini, British racing green, with a checkerboard stripe down the side.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    I was picturing you in a Mini, British racing green, with a checkerboard stripe down the side.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Bizarro wrote:

after all he is speedy
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Bizarro wrote:

after all he is speedy

but the mini isn't :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Look Speedster...found you a car!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2069191409.html
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    4and20 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    That's the first Corvette station wagon i've ever seen....and I hope it'll be my last. Those rims/hubcaps are pretty sweet though, I need to find myself some of those.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    4and20 wrote:

that poor car. i've seen a stationwagon conversion once in person. silly concept

this car has fraud all over it. it has L88 on the hood, but it sports a small block. and the hood isn't even an L88 hood. fraudulent
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    If you are able to pay in full at the time you are buying, it might give you an easy negotiation tactic.

I negotiated a pretty good deal for my sister over the summer. She was looking at a used van for work. Dealer had it listed for 11,000. KBB had it listed as 9,800.

We went to the dealer with $9,500 in my pocket, and said to the dealer we have $9,500 cash, and we'll buy it if he can make that work. He seemed a little off kilter with that approach, and he said "what about taxes, fees, etc?". I said "you'll need to work that into the $9,500".

...sure enough, he did. :)

(actually, $9,600, but close enough to what I wanted).
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10