Xbox Live

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Last night I logged on to play Call of Duty, and I swear the kids on that game are the most racist, homophobic folks alive. I finally just muted everyone...
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    yup, it's crazy...mute is the first thing I do when I get into a game
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Agreed. If I'm not playing with friends I have everyone muted. It's crazy. And for Black Ops players, what's up with all the swastikas in the playercards? It's like xBox Live makes people devolve. Crazy.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Thats why i play ps3 ;)
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Thats why i play ps3 ;)
    Hahaha! Those little shits are on both systems. It amazes me how much shit those little fucks talk. I mean, I have no problem with someone giving someone crap for sucking, etc. but some of the things people say on there still amaze me.
    What I don't get is where are the parents when this stuff is going on? I mean, if that was me and my mom or dad heard me saying that stuff in the other room, I'm pretty sure I would have been smacked upside my head and would have had my PS3, or 360 or whatever taken away from me and never returned.

The only time I use my bluetooth/mic is if I'm playing friends, otherwise it sits there and I just mute-all.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Thats why i play ps3 ;)
    Hahaha! Those little shits are on both systems. It amazes me how much shit those little fucks talk. I mean, I have no problem with someone giving someone crap for sucking, etc. but some of the things people say on there still amaze me.
    What I don't get is where are the parents when this stuff is going on? I mean, if that was me and my mom or dad heard me saying that stuff in the other room, I'm pretty sure I would have been smacked upside my head and would have had my PS3, or 360 or whatever taken away from me and never returned.

The only time I use my bluetooth/mic is if I'm playing friends, otherwise it sits there and I just mute-all.
    I ALWAYS THINK THE SAME THING! Im not a shit talking when it comes to playing video but man there are 10 year old years on here calling black people the n word and making fun of people with accents its just rediculous.
    I dont understand why people just cant play video games and just chill and have fun

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I ALWAYS THINK THE SAME THING! Im not a shit talking when it comes to playing video but man there are 10 year old years on here calling black people the n word and making fun of people with accents its just rediculous.
    I dont understand why people just cant play video games and just chill and have fun

Yeah, it's pathetic.
    I guess that's the power of being anonymous. Knowing you won't get your teeth knocked in for saying something stupid can really "open it up". And most of those shit talkers are usually 10-16...at that age of rebellion and provocation. Anything they can do to make themselves sound cool/funny in front of their friends...

Oh well, I still like me some videogames and I'm pretty sure I'll continue playing them...so long as there is a mute option. :D
  • mca47 wrote:

Yeah, it's pathetic.
    I guess that's the power of being anonymous. Knowing you won't get your teeth knocked in for saying something stupid can really "open it up". And most of those shit talkers are usually 10-16...at that age of rebellion and provocation. Anything they can do to make themselves sound cool/funny in front of their friends...

Oh well, I still like me some videogames and I'm pretty sure I'll continue playing them...so long as there is a mute option. :D
    Well said!! :thumbup: :clap:

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, it's pathetic.

Yeah it's kind of funny because you know they say stuff they would never say in front of their parents, or anyone else for that matter. But because they know that no one can see them, they think it's ok. All I know is that my kid is never playing xbox live without strict supervision. In other words, if he's going to play video games, dad gets to play too :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    yeah ... it's actually kind of sad ... these kids are the next generation and although they may not represent all kids - you know they represent a lot ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The cursing and racial epitaphs are discerning, but what bothers me the most is that these same kids can kick the crap out of me (and I consider myself a decent gamer) like it's the first time I picked up a controller!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Jason P wrote:
    The cursing and racial epitaphs are discerning, but what bothers me the most is that these same kids can kick the crap out of me (and I consider myself a decent gamer) like it's the first time I picked up a controller!

a lot of them cheat ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    polaris_x wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

a lot of them cheat ...
    That's what I keep telling myself :D Truth is, I think a lot of them are better because they spend a horrific amount of time playing them. If I play COD once every two months, I'm going to get hosed mainly because I don't know the map layout. About the only games I play online are UNO and racing games (just wait for the wreck in corner one and then duke it out with 3-4 competent racers).

The best online feature to me is the leader boards where you can compare scores against your friends. Pinball FX2 is a great game for this (and also for its outstanding physics and awesome tables).
  • milarso wrote:
    Last night I logged on to play Call of Duty, and I swear the kids on that game are the most racist, homophobic folks alive. I finally just muted everyone...

It's very True that there a bunch of SHITES!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates