5 guy burger

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
is over rated.

tried it out friday. it was ok, but nothing great. and with the price? 9+ for a burger and fry, no drink? please. portillo's beats teh shit out of the 5 guy

i tried to find the orginal thread, but couldn't. :(
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,019
    Got that here in Columbus. Some rave about it. Also have a Graffiti Burger and one or two other chains. Not tried any of them. I'll stick with Burger King thanks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    One just opened up around the corner from my apartment...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • The idea of burger meat being a bunch of ground up unknown stuff always gives me concerns. I'm not a vegetarian but I can't bring myself to even buy it in a butcher shop.

I bought a meat grinder and now make my own. I usually use stew meat or even a roast which goes for around 3 to 4 dollars a pound here in MA.

The resulting burgers are so low in fat I brush them with olive oil before putting them on the grill. The taste is so different, fresh and delicious you have to try it.
    Hold On
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    screw the burgers....hotdog with cheese and bacon...yummy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    5 Guys is good, but, like the OP alluded to, pretty overpriced.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Is 5 guy the name of the shop? Is the burger big enough for 5 guys? Is the burger made from 5 guys.

Made me wonder, obviously won't be trying it though, veggie.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    One day, a friend updated her Facebook status with: Just had 5 Guys for the first time ever.

I responded back that her life was infinitely more sexy than mine, and hope she wasn't too sore. :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    One day, a friend updated her Facebook status with: Just had 5 Guys for the first time ever.

I responded back that her life was infinitely more sexy than mine, and hope she wasn't too sore. :lol:

well played. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    milarso wrote:
    5 Guys is good, but, like the OP alluded to, pretty overpriced.

yup. WAY overpriced. but the burgers aren't bad at all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • a pretty good burger... yeah, they are a couple bucks over priced, but when you compare it to shit like Mcdonalds or whatever, it's not a ton more money and you get a much better tasting meal.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    a pretty good burger... yeah, they are a couple bucks over priced, but when you compare it to shit like Mcdonalds or whatever, it's not a ton more money and you get a much better tasting meal.

i can go to portillo's and get a better burger and fry for like 6 bucks. now i know not everyone has a portillo's handy, but i'm sure you have a local joint that has a good burger
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Do they have Burger Heaven in Chicago? or Pop Burger?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    51IGzvA1NjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Yea, not a fan of 5 guys. And when you get anything to go the bag gets so greasy it makes you seriously consider what you're about to do to your body before you eat it.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    The idea of burger meat being a bunch of ground up unknown stuff always gives me concerns. I'm not a vegetarian but I can't bring myself to even buy it in a butcher shop.

I bought a meat grinder and now make my own. I usually use stew meat or even a roast which goes for around 3 to 4 dollars a pound here in MA.

The resulting burgers are so low in fat I brush them with olive oil before putting them on the grill. The taste is so different, fresh and delicious you have to try it.
    I do the same, but use sirloin and short ribs. Try adding some short rib to the mix to add a little fat. Otherwise you will just get a dry burger.
  • gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    burgers are ok but their fries are some of the best you will find anywhere
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    gearboy wrote:
    burgers are ok but their fries are some of the best you will find anywhere

yeah. and they always overload the bag with them. i love five guys.

to the guy complaining about the grease.....well duh. if you're looking for something healthy, do not go to a burger joint. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I like the 5 guys near my house (in the sticks) better than near my work (big city).

So I went to another 5 guys and it was packed on a saturday night. I sat there watching the guys prepare the bun, condiments, etc while waiting on the burger. Somebody got bacon burgers and the bacon sat there exposed to the air on the bun for like 10 minutes and it looked like shoe leather.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    iluvcats wrote:
    I like the 5 guys near my house (in the sticks) better than near my work (big city).

So I went to another 5 guys and it was packed on a saturday night. I sat there watching the guys prepare the bun, condiments, etc while waiting on the burger. Somebody got bacon burgers and the bacon sat there exposed to the air on the bun for like 10 minutes and it looked like shoe leather.

mmmm....shoe leather. love it.
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • It is way overpriced, the the burgers are pretty damn good and the cajun fries are the best!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    yesterday, my husband and I went for lunch. He did not get fries and I didn't order a drink and I believe it was $13.00. but those fattening fries were so good. I got them w/o salt.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Never been there, but in the Detroit area the best burgers are by far Bagger Dave's.

If you go to Purdue ever. Go to Triple X for burgers!
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1