should I or shouldnt I

Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Just made a spur of themoment decision to perhaps get another dog, I currently have two, a large blonde german shepard and a small blonde puggle. My friend has a couple of pure heelers, one red and one blue and they just had pups,
>>>>
>
...a lover and a fighter.
"I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Well what are your dogs names? i mean if you have a Larry and Moe, then ya your gona need another dog.
  • Jasper and Pilot, that would be funny though
    >>>>
    >

• I can't tell you which way to go, but what I can tell you is that at least from my experience, three is much more work than two. I'm unemployed so caring for them during the day falls solely on me. Walking two dogs at once isn't too bad, but three is really a handful. I often get asked by passers by if they belong to me or if I'm a dog walker. If one of them gets riled up, it's a lot harder to control the other two while trying to calm it down. That being said, the love of a dog is an amazing thing and I have it multiplied by three instead of just two.
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    edited November 2010
    djjazzy276 wrote:
    I can't tell you which way to go, but what I can tell you is that at least from my experience, three is much more work than two. I'm unemployed so caring for them during the day falls solely on me. Walking two dogs at once isn't too bad, but three is really a handful. I often get asked by passers by if they belong to me or if I'm a dog walker. If one of them gets riled up, it's a lot harder to control the other two while trying to calm it down. That being said, the love of a dog is an amazing thing and I have it multiplied by three instead of just two.
    hhmmmm thanks, you have me thinking, I love my boys and Im on my own with them too, I will have to think about this a little more
    Post edited by Cree Nations on
    >>>>
    >

• That is a whole lot of kibble!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    are you in the country?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • northern alberta canada........I didnt want to say because the board will go nuts BUT I think this guy is going to shoot all the dogs if no one takes them :(
    >>>>
    >

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    northern alberta canada........I didnt want to say because the board will go nuts BUT I think this guy is going to shoot all the dogs if no one takes them :(
    that's shitty
    happens though

dogs do well in northern alberta canada
    im sure i'd have a team
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • yes I would love to have a dog team, thats full time work and you cant do it have ass but maybe in a few more years or so
    >>>>
    >

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Wait, we're talking Aussie Cattle Dogs yes? Man, if it wasn't so far from me, I'd definitely take two.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    northern alberta canada........I didnt want to say because the board will go nuts BUT I think this guy is going to shoot all the dogs if no one takes them :(
    That's so sad... :( Doesn't he believe in neutering? :x

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Wait, we're talking Aussie Cattle Dogs yes? Man, if it wasn't so far from me, I'd definitely take two.

cattle dogs are awesome... 'cept when they try and herd you. you think theyve lost their footing til you realise what theyre doing. its funny. :lol::lol:

my father has had a couple. the first, jack, was just plain crazy and had to be sent to the country.. and no thats not a euphemism. the 2nd, banjo, was with the family til he died. he was lovely.. had his own armchair in the sunroom.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,019
    For the pups sake, have you looked into rescue orgs? they may be willing to get them from this guy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14