Plans for Christmas and New Year?

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Yeahhhhh... it's only a few weeks away!

I'm spending Christmas in my fiance's home town with his family for the first time. We've always spent it at home or with my family so it'll be nice to be with my future in-laws :) Spending New Year in Cornwall with some very dear friends; never been there before so looking forward to it :D

I'm looking forward to this Christmas a lot... I don't care much for presents so being with people I love means the world to me :)

So what are y'all doing?
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    At home for Christmas - just the three of us for Christmas eve and day, with friends on Boxing Day. Then off to Brussels to spend a few days over new year with my dad. Will also be catching up with my friends there. Got a house/cat sitter or else my kitties would have been on their own for the New Year!
  • redrock wrote:
    At home for Christmas - just the three of us for Christmas eve and day, with friends on Boxing Day. Then off to Brussels to spend a few days over new year with my dad. Will also be catching up with my friends there. Got a house/cat sitter or else my kitties would have been on their own for the New Year!

Cool! :D Sounds like a nice plan Rita :thumbup:

(Our kittyboys are going to the cattery :( )
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    :o :shock: :o
    Poor, poor kittyboys! Drop them off in London on your way to Cornwall! :mrgreen:
  • in Italy we say:

natale con i tuoi, pasqua con chi vuoi
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Christmas day is lunch with the fam at home, my mum always goes way overboard has has enough food for a small country.......there's only 8 of us incl grandkids so we have food stashed in the freezer for ages. :lol:

Then NYE off to the sunshine coast to my regular haunt at my best friends house. There is always a theme, and this year it is United Nations Party! Choose a country from those who are part of the united nations and bring a main and dessert dish to share, dressing up is optional. 8-) I have chosen Syria and already know the dishes I am going to make. :D
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Get drunk, eat ham.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Get drunk, eat ham.

mmmmm hammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8-)
  • Vacation from Dec 18-28

Christmas Eve: Turkey dinner with wife's family at our house. They all stay overnight. Once we get the kids to bed, we usually drink a few bottles of wine and play cards.

Christmas: Brunch at our house, presents and fun. Everyone usually leaves around 2 and then we just relax and play with the kids and their new toys. For me, this entails opening countless boxes of toys and the ungodly packaging they now have (Seriously, each toy has about 150 twist ties). Then I play video games with the kids

Boxing Day: My family (Parents, brother and his family, Grandparents, Aunt's and Uncles) arrives at our house for the day and we do a second Turkey Dinner!!!
  • Going back to PEI for Christmas. Christmas just isn't really the same to me anymore.

NYE plans are still up in the air but always ends up being one of those big letdowns! This year I am determined to do something though...and something that rocks!!! :D

Hey Sian :wave:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Tradition, home for both.
    I wouldn't want to go away and leave Doggies so we are always all together here.
    I love the non rush easy going that home brings.
    New Years Eve is spent in the hot tub with lots of champagne, a fire in the chimera, good music and a special dinner, no road blocks or amateurs to deal with. :D
  • Going back to PEI for Christmas. Christmas just isn't really the same to me anymore.

NYE plans are still up in the air but always ends up being one of those big letdowns! This year I am determined to do something though...and something that rocks!!! :D

Hay doll :wave: Long time no speak! How's things?

I totally understand the Christmas not being the same... although I try to show my family just how much I care at that time and put extra thought into their presents :)

I find that NYE, if over-planned, can be a huge let down... best thing to do is just be somewhere with special people and don't set anything solid in stone about what a great time you'll have, that way the funz will flow and flow 8-):D

• redrock wrote:
    :o :shock: :o
    Poor, poor kittyboys! Drop them off in London on your way to Cornwall! :mrgreen:

Ermmmm no! I'll never bloody get them back! :lol:;)

• pjfan31 wrote:
    Get drunk, eat ham.

mmmmm hammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8-)

I'm vegetarian.... Christmas has a distinct lack of ham for me :P
    Vacation from Dec 18-28

Christmas Eve: Turkey dinner with wife's family at our house. They all stay overnight. Once we get the kids to bed, we usually drink a few bottles of wine and play cards.

Christmas: Brunch at our house, presents and fun. Everyone usually leaves around 2 and then we just relax and play with the kids and their new toys. For me, this entails opening countless boxes of toys and the ungodly packaging they now have (Seriously, each toy has about 150 twist ties). Then I play video games with the kids

Boxing Day: My family (Parents, brother and his family, Grandparents, Aunt's and Uncles) arrives at our house for the day and we do a second Turkey Dinner!!!

D'you get as sick of turkey as you are of the twist ties? ;)

Seriously though, that sounds like a great family Christmas :thumbup:

• not sure, I will be on my own this year, just me and the boys (dogs). Likely hang out with my brother and nephew too.....perhaps do a little ice fishing if the ice is thick enough by then
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Christmas sonme family come over for dinner, the rest later in the evening.

New Years? Sweet FA

New Years? Sweet FA

:o You can't do nothing for New Years! :shock:

New Years? Sweet FA

Generally do. Bit of a let down round here unless a house party is nearby I may give it a miss...

New Years? Sweet FA

Generally do. Bit of a let down round here unless a house party is nearby I may give it a miss...

:( Hmmm.... :think:

Hay doll :wave: Long time no speak! How's things?

I totally understand the Christmas not being the same... although I try to show my family just how much I care at that time and put extra thought into their presents :)

I find that NYE, if over-planned, can be a huge let down... best thing to do is just be somewhere with special people and don't set anything solid in stone about what a great time you'll have, that way the funz will flow and flow 8-):D

Hey sweets!!! I am okay, busy with school. How about you? I keep meaning to drop you a line and see how you are :oops:

Yeah it isn't the same and I have a rather small family so it is a bit strange.

Yes I do usually find it it be let down. I think I've had one decent one in my whole life so I have sort of given up hope :lol: but yes if you just go with the flow it works best!!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Usually we have the whole of the partners family at our place for xmas but this year they are all away YAY!!!

I'm on holiday from 18 Dec - 10 Jan and its summer holidays for the kids, so lots of swimming, hiking, going to the park etc.

Christmas day will be low key this year:
    wake up to see the awesome pool and water slide set up in the yard from Santa
    brothers for BBQ lunch and swim
    then home to play with all of the toys Miss 6 and Master 3 get.

Since having kids I'm usually in bed by 11pm on NYE :?
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Yeahhhhh... it's only a few weeks away!

I'm spending Christmas in my fiance's home town with his family for the first time. We've always spent it at home or with my family so it'll be nice to be with my future in-laws :) Spending New Year in Cornwall with some very dear friends; never been there before so looking forward to it :D

I'm looking forward to this Christmas a lot... I don't care much for presents so being with people I love means the world to me :)

So what are y'all doing?

I shall be spending Christmas at home with my family, then between Christmas and New Year I have a very lovely friend visiting from Germany. At New Year, I shall also have some very dear friends with me :D:D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    indeed....
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:
    indeed....
    and another indeed..... hmmmm :think: three women thinking means one or two men have to act ;):lol:
  • 71step28 wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    indeed....
    and another indeed..... hmmmm :think: three women thinking means one or two men have to act ;):lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's funny because it's true :evil:
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    71step28 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's funny because it's true :evil:
    see ;) come on, join us :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Off to my mum's for xmas dinner, sister and brother in law will be there. Not sure about New Year, had a couple of party invites.