Options

Thank you freaks

cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
edited April 2008 in The Porch
so...just needed to say this...

ended up to tix for 3 pj shows (hartford and both mansfield), even though i'm from missouri. making a family trip out of it. credit card just got charged...wife was a bit shocked on what i spent (even though she knows how much this means to me) and i am taking my daughter for the first time to one of the mansfield shows.

in any case, after a tough week of justifying to her that, yes, $450 is well worth the cash to go to 3 pj shows in 4 days, i knew i could count on you guys to help me feel ok with it all. (note: this wasn't a surprise for her -- she knows i got tix, but doesn't quite see why i need to go to all 3 shows.)

i am sure there are more of you out there and i came here for...well, i guess, understanding and justification. hard to explain to others how much it means when they just don't quite get it -- even my best friend (wife).

anyway...thanks to the other 'freaks' out there who "get it." always nice to have a pj home to run to every once in a while. don't know any of you on here, but hope to soon...this will be shows 11-13 for me in 8 different cities...sure we've rocked before and will again soon.

see you this summer!

(p.s. -- my wife is totally cool about it all...just hard to explain to someone who just doesn't quite have the same level of loyalty to the jamily...)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,932
    I totally relate - I'm coming over from the UK for two shows. Thank god my husband understands, but others just shake their heads. Oh well!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    You've come to the right place, that's for sure. So cool that you're taking your daughter to a show and making a family trip out of it.

I remember the insanity of the 1st PJ show in Sydney ('95) where the tix went in a couple of minutes and they released 700 the day before the show but only at the venue and only 2 per person. I couldn't get out of work so my awesome dad went and lined up and got them for me. He's still my hero for that, my dad doesn't line-up for ANYTHING but he knew how much it meant to me and how guttered I was that I camped overnight and missed out. He also went with me to a dodgy part of town for the midnight launch of Riot Act cause he didn't want me going alone. Dad's rock! So, I love that you're taking your daughter! ;)

I hope you have an awesome time at the shows with your family :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    It think it's great to travel to do that which you enjoy most. Will be a great adventure for you and your daughter. Mine's 13 and wants to go but i only got 2 fan club tix for 6/28 so hopefully next time. Have a great trip!
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • Options
    i get it... have a peek at my signature, and you'll see how many shows i'm doing this summer - which a lot of people just laugh at me and say, either: why that many times? or god that's a lot of money...

anywho...

i think this is a great trip. your daughter, if she likes good tunes, she'll immediately become a bigger pearl jam fan. before i saw them i was a marginal fan... then i saw them... and wow. immediately, like half way through the show i said to myself that this was my favorite band.

you'll probably have to compromise. do something that the wife reaaaallly enjoys next vacation. which isn't so bad...
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    appreciate all your well wishes and ears to bend.

haven't told my daughter yet that she's going, but she'll be fired up. she knows the songs (a big fan of "sad" if that tells you anything). last summer we read all the harry potter books together...this summer, why not a pj show?!?!?!

figured there had to be a few of you out there who could relate to the question of, "so, you really need to go to ALL 3 shows that week and spend $450 on tickets?"

a somewhat magical, but trying moment of me answering, "well, absolutely it's worth it."

then again, i've flown out for a VFC in boston during the week (i'm a teacher, which made it doubly fun and trying), went solo to san diego while at a soccer clinic and made one-day journeys to cincy and chicago for other shows. 3 shows in the summer? child's play...

:-)
  • Options
    oh and it is always so much more fun when you travel for a set of shows. it's the best kind of vacation - focused around 2 or 3 big huge events that you're dying to see. you CAN'T leave without fond memories, it's practically impossible.
    best wishes - maybe i'll run into you at mansfield :)
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    I totally relate - I'm coming over from the UK for two shows. Thank god my husband understands, but others just shake their heads. Oh well!

that's hardcore...

my family and some friends shake their heads at me because im driving 8 hrs for one show...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks