Options

2008 Concert Posters

gatr9197gatr9197 Posts: 46
edited May 2008 in The Porch
So artists rarely have concert posters designed for shows down here in South Florida, but for the first time, I have seen a Pearl Jam concert poster for the 6/11/08 show in West Palm Beach.

Does anyone know where I can find it? Has anyone seen these new tour posters for sale anywhere?

All help greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    gatr9197 wrote:
    So artists rarely have concert posters designed for shows down here in South Florida, but for the first time, I have seen a Pearl Jam concert poster for the 6/11/08 show in West Palm Beach.

Does anyone know where I can find it? Has anyone seen these new tour posters for sale anywhere?

http://www.expressobeans.com will have them when they are put out. I think Klausen and Ames are doing the shows (not sure the exact ones for each artist). Both Artists have mentioned working on posters for the 2008 shows. I'm sure there will be a poster for the Florida shows but you probably won't know what it looks like till after the show.

To get one you will have to do it one of 3 ways

1. get there early (doors open early) and rush to the merch stand to buy one before they are gone.

2. buy one at a 10c sale a couple weeks or months after the show here (must be a 10c member)

3. get one from the artist's website. This is the hardest way to attain one since these are s/n. I don't think Ames does this anymore for PJ and Brad's posters are usually more sought after so his are next to impossible.

Most of the time they split up the prints for the different sales. For example, if there are 1000 poster printed, they will sell 250 at the show, 100 on the artist's website, and 650 on pearljam.com for a 10c sale. I always find it easiest to get it through 10c because getting it at the show means you have to hold onto it and not damage it during the concert since most places don't let you bring tubes in to protect them
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    gatr9197 wrote:

You have already seen the WPB poster for the show on the 11th?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Must be talking about those Klausen promo posters that have been showing up in various cities....
    that's what I was thinking. They're okay, but I hope that they aren't what we get.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    this is the second time I've heard Floridians say that they don't make posters for their shows..

do you think the Artists and the 10c have done research and found that Floridians are less likely to purchase posters so that is why they don't make them? or do you think it's just a odd coincidence?
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    this is the second time I've heard Floridians say that they don't make posters for their shows..

do you think the Artists and the 10c have done research and found that Floridians are less likely to purchase posters so that is why they don't make them? or do you think it's just a odd coincidence?
    I don't know what this guy is talking about, they do make posters for FL shows. The only show that I attended that they didn't make a poster for was Charlotte 2000
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    thunderDAN wrote:

i have all but one of the Fla show posters so yes... they were made :)

(still need the one from 96)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    i have all but one of the Fla show posters so yes... they were made :)

(still need the one from 96)
    And they made that one too- as I'm sure that you know. It's hanging on my wall and is one of my favs.

Not FL, but the one that I need is B-ham 98
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    i love that 96 shark poster... one day i'll break down and splurge :)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I don't know what this guy is talking about, they do make posters for FL shows. The only show that I attended that they didn't make a poster for was Charlotte 2000

the last show at west palm five years ago, I was unaware of any concert poster for PJ

but I am also talking in general Lukin... at least in South Florida, you rarely see any posters for shows other than the basic picture of the band. Nothing artistic.

For example, this past few months here's a list of shows:

-Cure (no poster)
    -Radiohead (nothing that I could find)
    -Vampire W/E (nothing
    -Foo Fighteres (nothing)
    -Ben Harper (nothing)
    -My Morning jacket (nothing)

Some of these bands don't do posters, but some do. Just a bit disappointing. If I'm missing them, send me links on how to get them please.
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    http://www.expressobeans.com will have them when they are put out. I think Klausen and Ames are doing the shows (not sure the exact ones for each artist). Both Artists have mentioned working on posters for the 2008 shows. I'm sure there will be a poster for the Florida shows but you probably won't know what it looks like till after the show.

To get one you will have to do it one of 3 ways

1. get there early (doors open early) and rush to the merch stand to buy one before they are gone.

2. buy one at a 10c sale a couple weeks or months after the show here (must be a 10c member)

3. get one from the artist's website. This is the hardest way to attain one since these are s/n. I don't think Ames does this anymore for PJ and Brad's posters are usually more sought after so his are next to impossible.

Most of the time they split up the prints for the different sales. For example, if there are 1000 poster printed, they will sell 250 at the show, 100 on the artist's website, and 650 on pearljam.com for a 10c sale. I always find it easiest to get it through 10c because getting it at the show means you have to hold onto it and not damage it during the concert since most places don't let you bring tubes in to protect them

I will definitely get one through the 10 cc site. Do they announce when they are for sale?
  • Options
    kent_fkent_f Posts: 28
    gatr9197 wrote:
    but I am also talking in general Lukin... at least in South Florida, you rarely see any posters for shows other than the basic picture of the band. Nothing artistic.

Some of these bands don't do posters, but some do. Just a bit disappointing. If I'm missing them, send me links on how to get them please.

This one sold out incredibly fast.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/78822
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    thunderDAN wrote:

Ames sells a subscription for the posters they do on the tour. $60/poster and you have to buy all of them. Also on the day after the show, Ames sells single posters on their site. They are real tough to get and there is no set time when they go onsale $60/print
  • Options
    gatr9197 wrote:
    the last show at west palm five years ago, I was unaware of any concert poster for PJ

-Cure (no poster)
    -Vampire W/E (nothing
    -Foo Fighteres (nothing)
    -Ben Harper (nothing)
    -My Morning jacket (nothing)

oh, my bad.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    kent_f wrote:
    sweet! i wish they had something like that for their st. louis show...

speaking of which... radioheads merch was fuckin expensive... is $40 the new standard for band shirts?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    anybody know when they will put concert posters up from these past few dates?

where will the be located in the pearl jam goods section?

thanks
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    10c will not sell them until the tour is over, ususally.

ames sells s/n versions usually mid-day the day after a show.

artillery (klausen) has no history of having a website prior to this tour, so nobody really knows what brad will do. he sold the ed solo tour posters s/n versions after the solo tour was over, so i'm assuming (careful) he'll do the same with the pj posters he's doing for this mini-tour.

expressobeans.com does not sell posters, it is a poster collectors' site, and you can find individuals selling the posters there.

ebay is also a possiblity, but usually will cost you the most.

other than that, they are sold at shows.

ps radiohead does posters quite a bit, as do some of the other bands you mentioned. check out expressobeans.com. you can search by band, year, artist, whatever, and get an idea of what's out there, and what it's been selling for

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    10c will not sell them until the tour is over, ususally.

ames sells s/n versions usually mid-day the day after a show.

artillery (klausen) has no history of having a website prior to this tour, so nobody really knows what brad will do. he sold the ed solo tour posters s/n versions after the solo tour was over, so i'm assuming (careful) he'll do the same with the pj posters he's doing for this mini-tour.

expressobeans.com does not sell posters, it is a poster collectors' site, and you can find individuals selling the posters there.

ebay is also a possiblity, but usually will cost you the most.

other than that, they are sold at shows.

ps radiohead does posters quite a bit, as do some of the other bands you mentioned. check out expressobeans.com. you can search by band, year, artist, whatever, and get an idea of what's out there, and what it's been selling for

thanks.

yeah i found a radiohead one on exspresso but the dude was asking $250 and I wasn't forking over that much $$$