Options

Michaels cake decorating classes

spatspat Posts: 644
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone ever take these classes or know someone that does? I'm thinking of getting it as a gift for my girlfriend, she loves that stuff, but I heard you have to buy your own supplies which can get pricey. Just trying to get a good idea on how much it may cost all together, and how many sessions you get. Thanks!
My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    spat wrote:
    Anyone ever take these classes or know someone that does? I'm thinking of getting it as a gift for my girlfriend, she loves that stuff, but I heard you have to buy your own supplies which can get pricey. Just trying to get a good idea on how much it may cost all together, and how many sessions you get. Thanks!

PM sent
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    It depends on whether the class is with buttercream or fondant.

Have you tried to see if there is a culinary school in your area and see if they give recreational classes. I think she would get more out of it than at Michale's.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I took one years ago at a community college. The class itself was cheap but the supplies did run into some money. OTOH I used a lot of them afterwards.

The thing that really killed me was the homework!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."