Options

*** Tweet Tweet Tweet

Comments

• Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    And South America/Mexico? We are "the forgotten fans".
    Since the last time PJ played here - 2005 - they went 3 times to Europe and 2 times to Australia/NZ .

Dear Ed, come here, please. ;)
    I recommend http://www.teatrobradesco.com.br/
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    I just found where Seatlle has the nickname of "Emerald City", and Ireland is associated with Emerald... and then there is Sydney, Wichita Kansas, and plenty more. I'm hoping it is associated with the color of my eyes and Ed's coming to my house :)
  • Options
    MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    edited November 2010
    Now if it was an EV solo tour of aus/nz late next year, I might be able to go...as I will be there next dec/jan, but it's unlikly for an anouncement to be so far in advance of show dates ;) Damn why don't I still live in Dargaville? Gotta say good luck to the all blacks for sat, hopefully they will cream Ireland, and destroy wales next weekend, bring on the grand slam!!!
    Post edited by MK1980 on
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    WOW WOW WOW!!!

I think it will be somewhere OVER THE RAINBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    do it :)

Not that I needed much convincing, but I just did. Now if it's not an Aust tour, I just gotta remember to put it back and not spend it...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    veddertown wrote:
    The "Scarecrow's Song" is composed by playing an eight-note song for Bonooru found near Lake Hylia. As long as the notes are not the same as those used in another song Link can play (If one tries to use the same notes of another song for the scarecrow song, Bonooru will tell you that he feels that that song is needed for something else), the Scarecrow remembers Link's song for future use.

No..I was thinking more along the lines of the scarecrow song from the wizard of oz..meaning that if you don't get all your ducks in a row by the end of the weekend, you'll be singing "if I only had a brain"
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    MK1980 wrote:
    Now if it was an EV solo tour of aus/nz late next year, I might be able to go...as I will be there next dec/jan, but it's unlikly for an anouncement to be so far in advance of show dates ;) Damn why don't I still live in Dargaville?

I am from Dargaville (shhhhh) technically Matakohe :shock:

funny old world

who'd have ever thought you would say 'damn why don't I still live in Dargaville' hey??

do you need me to send you and emergency supply of kumara? :P kia ora from aotearoa anyhow cuz
  • Options
    I could while away the hours/conferrin' with the flowers/consultin' with the rain/And my head I'd be scratchin'/ While my thoughts were busy hatchin'/If I only had a brain
  • Options
    I could while away the hours/conferrin' with the flowers/consultin' with the rain/And my head I'd be scratchin'/ While my thoughts were busy hatchin'/If I only had a brain

yep, which is the song y'all be singing if you don't have all your ducks in a row by sunday night.

and which is the song i'm gonna be singing anyway since i didn't expect ANY pj or solo stuff so soon and so i am all out of funds! ughghhghghhhhh the worst feeling in the world. a chance to see ed solo and no money. so i hope it IS aussie right now so i can save money before he gets back to the states for us!
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,384
    So it's Ed playing Australia/NZ then Hawaii this Jan?
  • Options
    MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    We can get sweet potatoes in the uk, course it ain't genuine kumara. The wairoa river still 'upside-down'? Had a great taste of home the other day, at gormet burger kitchen had a steinlager and a lemon & paeroa :D
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    StillHere wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    The "Scarecrow's Song" is composed by playing an eight-note song for Bonooru found near Lake Hylia. As long as the notes are not the same as those used in another song Link can play (If one tries to use the same notes of another song for the scarecrow song, Bonooru will tell you that he feels that that song is needed for something else), the Scarecrow remembers Link's song for future use.

No..I was thinking more along the lines of the scarecrow song from the wizard of oz..meaning that if you don't get all your ducks in a row by the end of the weekend, you'll be singing "if I only had a brain"
    Yeah, the biggest clue is this one, “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain,” obviously the Wizard Of Oz reference that makes it the favourite. I did get pretty excited for a sec though cos I could easily afford to go to Tennesse!! :) I do have a brain though... :thumbup:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    I'm just glad it will hopefully be Australia. In no way could I afford to go to any shows right now here in the north east...Let Australia have their solo shows...I want the whole band in Toronto next summer!
  • Options
    topaz wrote:
    If its Oz.. better be NZ too.

Oh by the way, Hi! This is my first post, I just joined after lurking here and reading posts for a year.

Bestest first post I seen in ages!

NEW ZEALAND TOO!

and kia ora!

HI! I feel so welcomed!!
    topaz wrote:
    MK1980 wrote:
    Now if it was an EV solo tour of aus/nz late next year, I might be able to go...as I will be there next dec/jan, but it's unlikly for an anouncement to be so far in advance of show dates ;) Damn why don't I still live in Dargaville?

I am from Dargaville (shhhhh) technically Matakohe :shock:

funny old world

who'd have ever thought you would say 'damn why don't I still live in Dargaville' hey??

do you need me to send you and emergency supply of kumara? :P kia ora from aotearoa anyhow cuz

Thats weird. A northlander! I'm from the FAR north
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    Stone solo tour! Please!
    "The goal of a coach is to take a guy who has beaten down by his parents, by religion, by society, to take that guy and build him back up to find his spirit to go out and fight" Joe Lewis
  • Options
    i was sooooooooo excited to see the Tweet Tweet Tweet that I didn't even pay any notice that the Wizard of Oz references were actually Aussie references.
    I just saw Tweet Tweet Tweet and that was all she wrote...

we for a few minutes....lol!

Then I wished I had like a worm hole to Australia.

geez

who knows, maybe we'll get one too here in PA/NJ?

could be
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301

Thats weird. A northlander! I'm from the FAR north

woah now that is wierd - it's a sign, lostrocker! I have heapsa whanau up in the far north. funny we should meet on a pearl jam board hey? we're probably related :shock:

no j/k everyone, NZ isn't that small. big enough to warrant our own ed solo concert, that's for sure!!!!! yea! man I"m gona be disapointed if it's aussie only. then I'm gonna be bookin a ticket to aussie after gettin over the disappointment!
  • Options
    Could said bird please chirp some tunes into a recorder while he tweets away so that they me be sold via the 10Club?
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    demetrios wrote:
    So it's Ed playing Australia/NZ then Hawaii this Jan?

Best post in the thread. D

Just the excuse I needed to get back to hawaii :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Where in the tweet is OZ?

I don't see the aussie reference
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

Australia is referred to as 'oz'
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    edited November 2010

The tweet has got bits that refer to a movie called "The wizard of Oz" in it.

( "I am the great and powerful" and "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" and the scarecrow)
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:

The tweet has got bits that refer to a movie called "The wizard of Oz" in it.

Ohh ..gotcha but their is still a chance it's other places..I think
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Australia is referred to as 'oz'

Yea but I meant oz isn't said. But I now understand it's lines from the movie
  • Options

now with all those little birdies in your avatar not one of them explained the oz references in their tweet?

1. I am the great and powerful Birdie!
    2. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
    3. the Scarecrow’s song

I haven't figured out what "One man stands alone" is all about...the obvious Force of Nature reference, but what does that mean? Maybe nothing right?

I didn't notice the Oz references either right away, I was too stoked and too busy jumping up and down and all I saw was Tweet Tweet Tweet and some random little birdie chirps that meant something great was on its way.

Then I realized....oh...its down under. :?
    Oh well...maybe he's just warming up for "us" heheheheeee :lol:
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    One man stands alone is from Force of Nature. :mrgreen:

Plus, it might mean a solo tour.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    This is the best news an Aussie fan could wake up to...I never expected him to tour down under but i guess the waves, the wine and the wizard have lured him down under.

Peace
  • Options
    Still here...I guess it comes down to the fact that I never saw the movie :lol:

I've been in the room when my nieces are watching it..but I never watched from start to finish
  • Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    edited November 2010
    Are we missing the "scarecrow song" reference?

google search
    The "Scarecrow's Song" is composed by playing an eight-note song for Bonooru found near Lake Hylia.

Any words ring a bell?
    Post edited by Mike's Side on
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2