Does anybody here longboard?

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I have a buddy that can probably give me a deal on a new longboard. He was telling me that he's lost a lot of weight since he got one, been going to parking lots to ride, and get used to it...also said it's easier than skate/snowboarding. Anybody ride and can give me any tips?
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah buddy its a blast, areas with hills are the best, its way easy to learn
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited November 2010
    If you are going to do some hills, hopefully you can take a hard full if it comes to that. It'll be a blast though. :D
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • just do it -- it is a blast.
    The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have some great sneakers.
    And if you live by some hills - the ability to see past fear and poor judgement. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • you'll have a blast. I'd recommend trying out quite a few to get the feel for how flexible they are. The more flexible, the easier it is to carve but it can take some getting used to. Also get some fatter wheels that will absorb the road (rocks, cracks, etc) more. I have two Sector 9 boards and lov em.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    thanks guys...my friend is testing out a new board that he was working on with another guy...the board is made of carbon fiber, I figure if I like it, I can buy one of those off him if they decide to produce them. He offered to 'pimp out' a regular board for me...wonder if I can have some sort of PJ graphics on it... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    4and20 wrote:
    thanks guys...my friend is testing out a new board that he was working on with another guy...the board is made of carbon fiber, I figure if I like it, I can buy one of those off him if they decide to produce them. He offered to 'pimp out' a regular board for me...wonder if I can have some sort of PJ graphics on it... ;)

First of all, you are going to want to open your eyes... Very important.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    eyedclaar wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

First of all, you are going to want to open your eyes... Very important.

gotcha.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIvMUYDXj0JH5EEnY26qc4BesHf7c2vhxr2YhP5uKkKi6N4vDj

"an' den?"

- Christopher McCandless