"Harry Potter Deathly Hallows" Clip Leaks onto Torrent Sites

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/201011 ... nt_sites_1

Can't wait until Friday to check out the latest installment of the Harry Potter film series? Well, if you have any knowledge of torrent sites at all, you should be able to view the first 36 minutes today, as a goodly chunk of the film has leaked online. The leak comes one day after the New York City premiere of the film.

According to TorrentFreak, the beginning of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the first installment of the two-part finale) is currently available on dozens of torrent sites. A quick search by the staff of Mashable proved this to be true.

This news is sure to cause a frenzy among Potter fans -- TorrentFreak reports that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince scored a spot on its "most pirated movies" list with nearly 8 million downloads last year.

The book version of Deathly Hollows also leaked -- back in 2007.

So why is the cinematic leak only 36 minutes long? TorrentFreak postulates that Warner Bros. Pictures feared a leak, so limited the time of the screeners to ensure that the whole film didn't make it to the web.

Seeing as how the clip has hit the Internet mere days before the premiere, we doubt it will have a negative effect on box office sales come Friday -- unless, of course, those first 36 minutes are irrevocably horrible.

The last time we saw a leak of the magnitude was probably that of Wolverine, which leaked a month early, yet was still a box office success.
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just picked up my ticket for the midnight show tomorrow. Iv never been to a movie on shrooms...
    I'll be back
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    EVERYTHING is on torrent sites . God Bless them . God Bless the UK . :lol::lol::lol:

Why the UK > i love there bootleg vinyl thats all over ebay . : )
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    kinda wishing I had a wee bit of torrent knowledge...maybe my 12 year old can help me out! ;)
  • eh... i'll wait for the weekend... why start a movie just to be cut off... and not on the big screen... and not surrounded by a bunch of potter dorks
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    LukinFan wrote:
    ..So why is the cinematic leak only 36 minutes long? TorrentFreak postulates that Warner Bros. Pictures feared a leak, so limited the time of the screeners to ensure that the whole film didn't make it to the web.

well i postulate that 36 minutes was the length of time warner bros thought would be enough to leak in order to please the sorry bunch of peeps that troll the internets looking for this exact kind of thing. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    anyone going tot he midnight showing tonight? I was thinking about it with some friends, but apparently the one theater that my friends are going to is sold out. I'll probably just see it on the weekend
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC