Oil-Free Electric Turkey Fryer

cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So, we are planning on frying our Thanksgiving turkey this year. I have read several reviews about Butterball's oil-free turkey fryer. I wanted to get some other opinions before I drop $100 or so dollars on this thing.

Have any of you used this? Whattya think?

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Where does the actual frying come into play?

I like my turkey fried in grease, my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FFFLAMING.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

I like my turkey fried in grease, my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FFFLAMING.

I don't think 81 would appreciate you talking about him like that in his absence. :P :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Whoa. That's legit. The future is here today.

Looks like the reviews are decent. I'd say go with the magical time machine.
    dcfaithful wrote:

I don't think 81 would appreciate you talking about him like that in his absence. :P :lol:

Nice. I'm all about kicking people when they're down.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    dcfaithful wrote:

Nice. I'm all about kicking people when they're down.

It shouldn't take much though, he's a toddler with weak lungs.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    edited November 2010
    That's early trimester stage right? As I'd like to say - get out the clothes hanger!(I'm a terrible terrible person)
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I'm assuming we are still discussing turkeys!? :lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    18lbs of bird...

Who ya gonna feed with that?
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I'm assuming we are still discussing turkeys!? :lol:

Actually, good idea, many things the size of a turkey could fit in there...
    18lbs of bird...

Who ya gonna feed with that?

You're welcome to stop by if you bring some good beer.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I don't know as I've not used one.

I was talking to my dad the other day though and he said he purchased one and planned on trying it out for thanksgiving so i might be able to tell you how it goes after that :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    4and20 wrote:

Thanks! I'm going out to a few stores to check into electric fryers and real oil fryers.

I like the cleanup on the electric one though so we'll see.

Anyone else try these things?
    intodeep wrote:

I was talking to my dad the other day though and he said he purchased one and planned on trying it out for thanksgiving so i might be able to tell you how it goes after that :)

Cool. I guess you can still use this thing after Thanksgiving for chicken and meat, too.

On a side note....Jearlpam said there will a giant-sized frying of a bird in Philly this Sunday night ;)
    crazypjfan wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Cool. I guess you can still use this thing after Thanksgiving for chicken and meat, too.

On a side note....Jearlpam said there will a giant-sized frying of a bird in Philly this Sunday night ;)

THERE'S the bitter division bottom dweller kind of talk that I'm lookin' for! :thumbup:
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    crazypjfan wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

Thanks! I'm going out to a few stores to check into electric fryers and real oil fryers.

I like the cleanup on the electric one though so we'll see.

Anyone else try these things?

Deep fried turkey is the best, but oil-free? For some reason, I say to steer clear of that, it totally makes me wonder what propane fueled turkey would taste like (YUCK!).

My bro-in-law brought his deep fryer over a couple years ago and the thing blew up while it was heating up. The lid literally went 30 feet into the air. It was quite funny actually. So if you buy one, cook OUTSIDE!
    The turkey came out incredible with the electric fryer! We injected it with a beer butter marinade. The 17 pounder took 2 hours and 45 minutes and was juicy as hell!

If anyone is considering this fryer, I give it my recommendation. Cooks fast, easy cleanup and great turkey!