Options

Nijmegen Poster 2010

Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
edited November 2010 in The Porch
Can someone translate what the paper in the typewriter from this poster says?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i do not believe in Peter Pan
    Frankenstein or Superman
    all I want is cycling
    I want to ride my bike
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    i do not believe in Peter Pan
    Frankenstein or Superman
    all I want is cycling
    I want to ride my bike

Oooh a Queen reference, that's nice!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    is written in Dutch

"ik geloof niet in peter pan
    frankenstein of superman
    alles wat ik wil is fietsen
    ik wil op mijn fiets rijden"
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Its writen for me( like to cycle a lot myself) ;)
    And in The Netherland almost everybody ownes at least one bike,the most have a bike to cycle to work,one for sports( race,mtb) or both.....I do have both....Greetzz from the lower country.. :wave: .
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    And in The Netherland almost everybody ownes at least one bike,the most have a bike to cycle to work,one for sports( race,mtb) or both.....I do have both....Greetzz from the lower country.. :wave: .

:thumbup: how cool is that!? :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    This cool!!!
    ofcourse not filmed in our flat country but in Germany
    This is sport,but i always cycle to work everyday to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4JcEPhJMX0
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    WOW!!!! thanks for the translation!!!

I just got my poster from the Scratch and Dent sale ..... my girlfriend and I have a bicycle theme going on in our apartment (we have a ton of Bicycle concert posters from shows we have been too). We did not go to this concert but for $20 it was worth getting.......

I opened it up yesterday (not sure where the scratch OR dent is) and saw the writting and was curious what it meant..... thanks again
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    hit by bike 3 times in Amsterdam,1 in Leyden and one in Rotterdam...they are coming from everywhere!!!!!!!millions of them!!! :lol:
    i really love this country!!!Dutch are the best people in the world :D
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Dutch translation smack down. Ugh! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ha ha Dimi,3 times hit by bike? Lucky you the most getting it more times ;)
    If you are here the first time you will be scared a lot by bikers,everybody is rushing and speeding
    We see a lot of scary tourists the first day they are here,but later on they love it here( after a visit to the coffeeshop ;) )Thanx 4 your luv.. :thumbup: :wave: ..
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    Ha ha Dimi,3 times hit by bike? Lucky you the most getting it more times ;)
    If you are here the first time you will be scared a lot by bikers,everybody is rushing and speeding
    We see a lot of scary tourists the first day they are here,but later on they love it here( after a visit to the coffeeshop ;) )Thanx 4 your luv.. :thumbup: :wave: ..
    its a great place even earlier the visit to coffeee shop..when i arrive at Amsterdam central i saw in the right that HUGE parking for bike!!!3 or 4 floors!!!! :shock:
    and was on foot the way to my hotel at Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal and then i saw a small red traffic light..i said"whats that?? ill pass ,not wait..and in a minute...they arrive!!!!!!!speed like hell!!!!!..
    hundrends of bikes!!! :lol::lol: what an awesome country!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    it must be the healthiest country in the world ;)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:
    it must be the healthiest country in the world ;)
    +1 and the people Jose!!!fuckin great!!!they make you feel like home every minute...this country and Dutch are in my heart from the minute i walk at the airport...and make the best friends in the line out of Rotterdam arena..and man,all opens their houses for me...in netherlands for sure no need to pay for a hotel...
    Bas,Mirella,Dennis,Margo,Marjolein...etc..endless list..of unique great people
  • Options
    +1 and the people Jose!!!fuckin great!!!they make you feel like home every minute...this country and Dutch are in my heart from the minute i walk at the airport...and make the best friends in the line out of Rotterdam arena..and man,all opens their houses for me...in netherlands for sure no need to pay for a hotel...
    Bas,Mirella,Dennis,Margo,Marjolein...etc..endless list..of unique great people

see you there on the next tour :D
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Hope they come here soon,cant wait after the short gig in Nijmegen.... :(
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    Hope they come here soon,cant wait after the short gig in Nijmegen.... :(
    with the type version of in my tree they play in nijmegen,i dont care to travel to netherlands for a 3 songs show :)
  • Options
    Oh yeah! In my tree was great there,no compleens how the show was,they wanna continue,but the organisation wont let them...Great that Eddie jumpt offstage and shaking hands with the crowd

was a little warm that day he? With a cooked and burnt back it is not easy to sleep
    But a great day it was....
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    Oh yeah! In my tree was great there,no compleens how the show was,they wanna continue,but the organisation wont let them...Great that Eddie jumpt offstage and shaking hands with the crowd

was a little warm that day he? With a cooked and burnt back it is not easy to sleep
    But a great day it was....
    was ok,,yes warm,but we have alot of fun..we was 9 guys ..a group..me,Yvi,Bas,Caroline,Ed,Sian,Jenny,Dave,Karin...and met Liran and Margo after..the hard was the walking to Margos house after the show..was aaaaa long walk...
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    appie wrote:
    hit by bike 3 times in Amsterdam,1 in Leyden and one in Rotterdam...they are coming from everywhere!!!!!!!millions of them!!! :lol:

Hit by a bike 3 times in Amsterdam?
    maybe you should have laid off those special cookies from that cafe in Amsterdam D. Wouldn't have gotten hit
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    appie wrote:

Hit by a bike 3 times in Amsterdam?
    maybe you should have laid off those special cookies from that cafe in Amsterdam D. Wouldn't have gotten hit
    thet run like hell..coming from nowhere..:roll: :roll:
  • Options
    In a country that has 16 mln people living there who togheter own 19 mln bikes its hard not to hit by one.... :lol::lol:
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    In a country that has 16 mln people living there who togheter own 19 mln bikes its hard not to hit by one.... :lol::lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So glad that i know that it wasnt me that was hitting you while your here( dont ride in the cities you been to)
    But if you are close to Arnhem,you better look out for the bike in my avatar cause when i am on that bike i drive like a maniac( wheelies,jumping,speeding)...a walk in the park is dangerious then.. ;);) .

you probaply have seen also a lot of Mtb bikes here??
    Post edited by appie on
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    So glad that i know that it wasnt me that was hitting you while your here( dont ride in the cities you been to)
    But if you are close to Arnhem,you better look out for the bike in my avatar cause when i am on that bike i drive like a maniac( wheelies,jumping,speeding)...a walk in the park is dangerious then.. ;);) .
    oh boy... :roll:
  • Options
    I only brake for people that wear a Pj shirt....( or come from Greece and loving it here ;) )
    You will be save here....
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    I only brake for people that wear a Pj shirt....( or come from Greece and loving it here ;) )
    You will be save here....
    then im safe for both reasons :D
  • Options
    If you are visiting you could rent a bike and then we both go riding...
    Then we go bumping on tourist( not wearing pj gear :lol: )
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    yeah but i prefer the super bices!!!!are like super bus!!!!called taxis!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    yeah but i prefer the super bices!!!!are like super bus!!!!called taxis!!!! :lol:

Thats the other part of our crazy traffic,in the big cities( Amsterdam,Rotterdam,Den Haag) its crazy,but in the small farmer part of Holland were the traffic is less its even more crazy....sometimes they go 3 times over the speed allowed.....the police has a lot of work there...if you get a ticket for speeding here you most work a month for free i tell you...
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    appie wrote:

Thats the other part of our crazy traffic,in the big cities( Amsterdam,Rotterdam,Den Haag) its crazy,but in the small farmer part of Holland were the traffic is less its even more crazy....sometimes they go 3 times over the speed allowed.....the police has a lot of work there...if you get a ticket for speeding here you most work a month for free i tell you...
    i tell you..the best..taxis..no worries for tickets..you are never the driver.. :lol: