Cheap date ideas around Chicago?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
And no, I'm not talking about someone who's easy. :lol:

Had a good first date with a girl yesterday and she wants to do something again tomorrow night already.

I paid for dinner and drinks, but don't want to blow my budget with in a few days. It's too soon to invite her over for dinner and movie.

Any good, reasonably priced ideas? City, west or north suburbs?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    there's a place called prairie moon right off of dempster, pretty much right at downtown evanston. good brew selection and good food. Nothin fancy but solid imo.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    pjfan021 wrote:
    there's a place called prairie moon right off of dempster, pretty much right at downtown evanston. good brew selection and good food. Nothin fancy but solid imo.
    Thanks, we ended up doing Buffalo Wild Wings, but that was her idea. I'd like to make the second date more interesting.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Hey Likeanocean,
    Do you like jazz? I'm a huge...huge fan and I used to take chicks to jazz clubs quite often when I lived there.
    Not only are they fun as shit, and do you get to hear incredible, under-appreciated musicians...but most jazz clubs in Chitown are very inexpensive. Cheap or no cover, and drinks are very reasonable.

That and even if the chick doesn't dig jazz, she'll be able to see your appreciation for the real arts.
    mca47 wrote:
    Hey Likeanocean,
    Do you like jazz? I'm a huge...huge fan and I used to take chicks to jazz clubs quite often when I lived there.
    Not only are they fun as shit, and do you get to hear incredible, under-appreciated musicians...but most jazz clubs in Chitown are very inexpensive. Cheap or no cover, and drinks are very reasonable.

That and even if the chick doesn't dig jazz, she'll be able to see your appreciation for the real arts.
    Sounds cool, but I've really been wanting to go to a blues bar, specifically Kingston Mines.. I thought about that, but that seems like it would be a better weekend idea. Someone mentioned bowling, and well, last time I took a girl bowling things got a little kinky, so I may have to give that a try again. ;)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I know a smoking baby who has some time on his hands and would be happy to show you around.
    :o:lol: :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • And no, I'm not talking about someone who's easy. :lol:

Had a good first date with a girl yesterday and she wants to do something again tomorrow night already.

I paid for dinner and drinks, but don't want to blow my budget with in a few days. It's too soon to invite her over for dinner and movie.

Invite her to your place....
    And throw a 6-pack of Bud Lite down her throat........

Dinner???
    Fuck dinner..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    do you have a favourite place in chicago?? like a park or a view spot or museum or walk or whatever??? imo as a chick id like that... to be shown somewhere thats special to my date and have him just talk about why it is, how it got to be so. special places with meaning shared are cool. she gets to learn something about you and you get to learn if she can tolerate your story telling. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    And no, I'm not talking about someone who's easy. :lol:

Invite her to your place....
    And throw a 6-pack of Bud Lite down her throat........

Dinner???
    Fuck dinner..........

Speedy, I like your ideas,

but every time I take your advise I get slapped in the face! :lol:
  • Check Metromix.com, surf around and you'll find something.