Man forced to eat his own beard

JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Two men are being sentenced for cutting off another man's beard and demanding at knife and gunpoint that he eat it because they thought he was cheating them in a used lawnmower sale.

"Troy offered to buy it from me for two hundred and fifty dollars. I paid twenty bucks for it. He thought I was trying to cheat him," said the man who now has a shorter beard. "One thing led to another, and before I knew it, there were knives and guns and everything just went haywire."

It seems confusing as to why a man would get mad for offering a price and then accusing the other person for ripping them off —until you consider that the would-be buyers were drunk.

Different places have different way of resolving contractual disputes, In Lexington, it's through mandatory binding beard-eating.

http://consumerist.com/2010/11/man-forc ... l#comments
:lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    See, first I thought the guy was sentenced to eat the beard. I'm glad I reread it more carefully.

Words fail me.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    "This one time, on the radio, they made this guy eat a sandwich made of
    hair...and he ate it...and he won tickets to Ozzfest"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    The video on the web page explains it better.
    Only in Lexington, I suppose?
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    First I thought it said the guy was forced to eat bread lol
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    This made me think of a movie, can't remember what one, where someone ate a slice of pizza with pubes on it?? :sick:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    dcfaithful wrote:
    This made me think of a movie, can't remember what one, where someone ate a slice of pizza with pubes on it?? :sick:

I know what move you are talking about, but can't remember the name either......

Thankfully my beard is trimmed down tight right now......and I dont live in Kentucky
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Jeanwah wrote:
    they thought he was cheating them in a used lawnmower sale.

why is it that i think this is the funniest part of the story :oops: :lol::lol::lol:
  • What's important is that I dont see if they said the beard was still attached or not. Because if he were to continue eating his beard and then his chin, then his throat, and so on...
    ..he'd end up inside-out. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    To do this story justice, this pic needs to be displayed.

manforcedtoeatbeard.jpg

At first, I just assumed that this story was about two gentlemen having an argument over the literary arts, but after seeing the picture of the victim, it became clear that this was indeed about a lawnmower transaction gone astray.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    They should totally get together with the drunk woman demanding oral.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Jason P wrote:

manforcedtoeatbeard.jpg

At first, I just assumed that this story was about two gentlemen having an argument over the literary arts, but after seeing the picture of the victim, it became clear that this was indeed about a lawnmower transaction gone astray.

Great Hat
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:

manforcedtoeatbeard.jpg

Great Hat
    Somebody needs to make this guy their avatar!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    They should totally get together with the drunk woman demanding oral.

Dont' remind us of that. Just imagining the stench makes me nauseous.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2