Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Pastor Maldonado to Mercedes???
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835

Jason P said:

After thinking about it, I don't fault Lewis for doing it after realizing that Mercedes had already secured the Constructors' Championship before the start of the race. He wanted to win the championship and needed Nico to finish 4th so I think he was within full right to tell his team to fuck off. Plus it actually made for an exciting finish which is pretty rare these days.

It would be nice if they could figure out how to make the races more competitive next season. Seem like most races are determined off the start. IndyCar has much more exciting and super competitive races that nobody watches.

IndyCar is soooooo much better than F1 these days!
    Hopefully next season the new rules will bring some excitement back. The 'undercut' and 'passing in the pits' is ruining the sport imo.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P said:

Pastor Maldonado to Mercedes???

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Nico Rosberg has retired from F1.

Crazy. Wonder who will land that seat?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    eddiec said:

Rygar said:

Very unexpected!
    I'm betting Alonso, Vettel or Ricciardo really, although someone made a point that Mercedes might go for a definitive No 1/No 2 driver scenario which makes a bit of sense.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

eddiec said:

Rygar said:

Very unexpected!
    I'm betting Alonso, Vettel or Ricciardo really, although someone made a point that Mercedes might go for a definitive No 1/No 2 driver scenario which makes a bit of sense.
    My first reaction was Alonso but he would be paired with Hamilton. Can't see that working!

• Options
    True, there are a lot of combinations that won't work. It's rare that two number 1s will get along regardless of who they are.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Good riddance NIco!
    Never liked him.
    Talk about timing. Most of the drivers are locked down for next year.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    :clap::rofl:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Haha, good stuff!
  • Options
    ^ :rofl:
  • Options
    Hahaha, every Kimi interview to come has been ruined.
  • Options
  • Options
    Good. Now maybe they can return to Western Europe and tell all those dictators to fuck off.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    So this Chase Carey is a television guy, wants more sponsorship, expand the race calendar, and wants every race to be a week-long Super Bowl extravaganza. Ross Brawn, returning to F1 and appointed to the new position of "sporting matters" wants to maintain the tradition of F1, do away with gimmicks and artificial props, and stop with reactionary plans and look toward a more long-term vision.

I haven't watched F1 in years but this is a change I can get behind. Hopefully these guys right the ship and make this sport watchable again.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Chase Carey is a asshat.
  • Options
    norm said:

Chase Carey is a asshat.

Handle bar mustache. Nuff said.
  • Options
    Love the look of the new cars. Hopefully the McLaren's can compete this year!
  • Options
    Oh well cant even get around the track. So much for orange crush LOL.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Ladies and gentlemen, I'm presenting you the new Ferrari SF70H 2017! Pure beauty... :flushed:

Post edited by Pap on
  • Options
    While testing lap times are meaningless (mostly), still nice to see before Melbourne and Mercedes' reveal they've been sandbagging again:

planetf1.com/news/ferrari-smash-118-barrier-in-barcelona/
  • Options
    ^ Good news! :plus_one:
  • Options
    The drivers are saying it will be even harder to pass with the new setup. Once again, pending a pit screw up or mechanical failure, the race winner will be established on the first turn of the race.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

The drivers are saying it will be even harder to pass with the new setup. Once again, pending a pit screw up or mechanical failure, the race winner will be established on the first turn of the race.

I have read that from several drivers as well. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be the case, but they would know better than I would!
    The starts are said to be more unpredictable as well, with a lot more chance for screw up as it's entirely on the driver now.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I'm really excited for the start. I'm pretty sure Red Bull has something up their sleeves.

I hope Willams doesn't fade away during the season. I really like Massa. I don't think he really got a enough respect as a driver, so I'd like to see him fight for wins.

I also think that Bottas will beat or come close to beating Hamilton.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Idris said:

I hope Willams doesn't fade away during the season. I really like Massa. I don't think he really got a enough respect as a driver, so I'd like to see him fight for wins.

:open_mouth: Massa's back?! I didn't know that! :smiley: Great driver, and sure funny as hell! :star: He should have won that Championship with Ferrari... :disappointed: