Rediscovering Old Gear

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited December 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, I have this old 80s Fender Champ 12 kicking around the house. Was my first amp, until I bought a solid state Crate 212 (yuck) and a big Traynor YCV80. I sold the crate, and mainly play the traynor.. I hadn't played the Fender in ages...

Well, this thing kicks ass! The Distortion channel sucks, but with a Blues Driver in front of it it is golden!

Anyone else ever re-discover old gear?
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Picked up my Mustang after a long time and it was pretty good. Bought back my old Epi SG Special. Still sounds like crud (and the previous owner didn't keep it in any good condition) but the nostalgia returned :)

Also bought back some old pedals I sold a while ago. Totally brought back memories!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I still put my first bass Peavey Axcelerator Plus, in the bass rotation at practice. I bought it as a factory second so I got it for next to nothing.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    about 2 years i found my old digitech digiDelay pedal and remembered how much fun the reverse delay setting was. i don't have a lot of pedals, and i've found myself using the old digitech quite a bit lately.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    mfc2006 wrote:
    about 2 years i found my old digitech digiDelay pedal and remembered how much fun the reverse delay setting was. i don't have a lot of pedals, and i've found myself using the old digitech quite a bit lately.

That pedal is really pretty damn cool. Those(x-series) were comin out just as I started playin seriously and I bought a few of them. I've moved on to better gear since then, but I wouldn't mind havin the digidelay back.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

That pedal is really pretty damn cool. Those(x-series) were comin out just as I started playin seriously and I bought a few of them. I've moved on to better gear since then, but I wouldn't mind havin the digidelay back.
    I love the Digidelay-more than almost all the other digital delays out there. I have two on my board. I sold my Hyper-phase pedal. It had sweet tones but sucked more tone than any other pedal I've seen.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    I especially love the internet for rediscovering old gear, just the amount of schematics online for pedals or amps I used to have that I sold because I had Gear Aquisition Syndrome... If you have a soldering iron and time, you can probably build at a fraction of the cost those pedals and use better components... I did that with an old fuzz box I had and while searching there are dozens of sites out there where you can build clones of current and discontinued pedals.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04