fake weed can kill

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
this bullshit is legal, for now
real weed is not harmful
but shit like this could set back legalization/decriminalization

THURSDAY, Nov. 11 --(HealthDay News) -- A form of synthetic marijuana known as "K2" is sending young people to the hospital with racing heart beats, extreme anxiety and hallucinations, toxicologists warn.

In recent months, physicians and toxicologists say more young people have been showing up in emergency rooms after smoking synthetic marijuana. Despite the side effects, K2 is legal in many states, although many state legislators are rushing to pass legislation banning it.

Since the start of 2010, the American Association of Poison Control Centers has received nearly 2,000 reports of people who became ill after smoking K2, compared to about a dozen in 2009. Poison control officials described some of the symptoms as "life-threatening."

K2 is often marketed as incense and sold in packets of herbs laced with synthetic marijuana at "head shops," gas stations, convenience stores and online for about $30 to $40 per three-gram bag. The drug also goes by other names, including Spice, Spice Gold, Spice Diamond, Yucatan Fire, Solar Flare, K2 Summit, Genie, PEP Spice, and Fire n Ice, according to the U.S. Drug Intelligence Center.

Bing:Bad drug trips

While people who smoke K2 think they're going to experience deep relaxation and euphoria, those who end up in the hospital report unpleasant experiences, said Dr. Anthony Scalzo, medical director of the Missouri Poison Center and chief of toxicology at St. Louis University.

"The classic symptoms are agitation, anxiety, racing heart beat, elevated blood pressure," Scalzo said. "And some kids are having very negative psychotropic experiences. One said, 'I felt like I went down to hell'."

In some cases, the drug also causes vomiting, tremors and seizures, according to federal drug abuse agencies.

Scalzo was the first to sound the alarm about K2 earlier this year after seeing a couple of dozen of reports of young people treated at emergency rooms who said they'd smoked K2.
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    welcome to last summer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    they 're looking to ban that stuff here..or it already is...can't buy bidis anymore...and they just banned alcoholic energy drinks on Monday...what is this?!? freaking California? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i know it's a rehash of old news
    my concern is that the harmful effects of the fake
    will undermine the legalization/decriminalization
    of genuine
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it should impact the real. i think most people are able to tell the difference. but then again, they defeated it in cali last week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I think this proves my point is if Marijuana was lethal or "Poisonous: your damn right it'd be legal the powers that be would make sure the dangerous weed was everywhere! I do believe that "FACT" Marijuana can't kill you is the leading reason why its illegal. Look at all the shit that can/will kill you and its all perfectley legal! ie. Fake Weed, Alcohol, Tobacco, Over the counter drugs, Energy drinks, Sugar, Coffee, theres more but you get the picture! Enegery drinks seem to only have been around for lest then 20 years and I've heard some kids have died from heartattacks thats right "KIds having Heartattacks" and if you look in your local store theres probley 10-20 different kinds of them all, pefectley legal and dangerous! So my point is untill someone dies from Marijuana it will remain illegal!!! Figure that one out?
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Toronto 10/01/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchner 09/11/05
    London 09/12/05
    Hamilton 09/13/05
    Toronto 05/9/06
    Toronto 05/10/06
    Please play SATANS BED
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    4and20 wrote:
    they 're looking to ban that stuff here..or it already is...can't buy bidis anymore...and they just banned alcoholic energy drinks on Monday...what is this?!? freaking California? :lol:
    The retailers in my state are actually petitioning the state to outlaw the beer / energy drinks if you can believe it. Most of them have already removed them from their shelves without being forced to.
  • Come to Mass!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    SOLUTION

SIMPLE

Legalize POT...the REAL THING

kkeerriiissstttt when are they gonna wake up and smell the smoke?

people are nuts and the powers that be are even nuttier!

wtf...just let us have the real thing then idiots wont be doing stupid things like trying to find fake pot.

and at 40 bucks for 3 grams? what?

just take a walk down to the corner and get the good stuff why don't you.

Reports like this make me so mad...OH i thought I 'd say that in case you can't tell. But they do, they make the push to legalize marijuana look foolish as if the weed itself is dangerous...its not the weed, its the idiots who can't get the weed that run around looking for something else that they think might be a substitute.

OK this is not me, I don't get angry like this, i'm done. Just sayin tho...you know? Stupid :silent: :problem:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~