Good news/Postive thread!!

spmonkayspmonkay Posts: 27
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I thought i'd start a thread for anyone to share any good news or positve vibes!! No doom and gloom allowed here!! I'll start!!!

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• congratulations!!!! Thats awesome :)

Im going to get shitfaced this weekend and go hunting with some old friends :)
    *disclaimer-for all those that hate hunting, we eat what we kill and dont hang heads*
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    dvd-blu-ray-scott-pilgrim.jpg

Got Mine!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    congrats to you!! As hard as it is, parenthood is the best choice I've ever made!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PJPixie wrote:
    congrats to you!! As hard as it is, parenthood is the best choice I've ever made!!

parenthood wasnt a choice* i made, though an argument could be made that it was, but its still pretty darn good.. and frustrating.. but mostly overwhelmingly good.

* a premeditated choice. ;)8-)

congrats OP.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    congratulations to you, Sir
    that will be awesome
    im not a dad
    i am however getting a little record player to twist circles

thank you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    spmonkay wrote:
    I thought i'd start a thread for anyone to share any good news or positve vibes!! No doom and gloom allowed here!! I'll start!!!

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!
    Congratulations! what a happy time it is and a lifetime of love to look forward too :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I went to the storage unit, and even though I have not specifically labeled what is in all the boxes, I was able to magically find all of my card making supplies in less than 5 minutes! Makin' cards...card-o-rama, card-a-nator....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    4and20 wrote:
    I went to the storage unit, and even though I have not specifically labeled what is in all the boxes, I was able to magically find all of my card making supplies in less than 5 minutes! Makin' cards...card-o-rama, card-a-nator....
    you rule
    you rock
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    you rule
    you rock

yay for me who can find things in a disorganized mess!

yay for Chad who will be spinin' the black circle soon!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    spmonkay wrote:

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!
    Congrats!!!

Today is 9 months to the day of my accident and during my first pool therapy session today, I walked for the first time since!!! OK, and it's my birthday,too. But it really is incredible news in my recovery. I used to be a runner, but have been confined to a bed, and then a wheel chair ever since Feb. 9th.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    spmonkay wrote:

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!

Congrats to you !!!! :D:clap:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Jeanwah wrote:
    spmonkay wrote:

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!
    Congrats!!!

Today is 9 months to the day of my accident and during my first pool therapy session today, I walked for the first time since!!! OK, and it's my birthday,too. But it really is incredible news in my recovery. I used to be a runner, but have been confined to a bed, and then a wheel chair ever since Feb. 9th.

Wow, two amazing pieces of news.

spmonkay, warmest congratulations to you! Better get the baby a membership so they'll have a good number for tix! :lol:

Jeanwah... I had no idea you were going through this. What an accomplishment for you (((hug))). Keep moving!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • spmonkay wrote:

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!
    Congrats it is a wonderful thing.I have a 3yr and a 6yr.Both daughter best thing that ever happened to me.When im having a bad day they are always there to cheer me up.
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    spmonkay wrote:

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!
    Congrats!!!

Wow!! Thats great!! Keep pushing!! I wish you well with your recovery!!
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

Jeanwah... I had no idea you were going through this. What an accomplishment for you (((hug))). Keep moving!
    spmonkay wrote:
    Wow!! Thats great!! Keep pushing!! I wish you well with your recovery!!

Thanks Unlost and Spmonkay! It's been a long road; good thing I've learned to have patience! I'm trying my best...I'd love to be able to run some day, but with breaking both my femurs and hips, at this point I'd just like to walk again. :)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jeanwah wrote:
    but with breaking both my femurs and hips

you should be more careful. ;)

good luck evil eye.

and congradulations to everyone else
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    4 day weekend starts in 4 hours :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389

5 day weekend for me. Heading to Los Angeles this weekend.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    loadedgun wrote:

5 day weekend for me. Heading to Los Angeles this weekend.

even better :mrgreen: enjoy !!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    spmonkay wrote:

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!

congradulations to the three of you
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Jeanwah wrote:
    spmonkay wrote:

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!
    Congrats!!!

wow
    what a strong person you must be
    rock on
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    some good news today....
    i got a raise at work & both of our scholarships (my wife & i) were increased for next semester!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I am nothing if not positive, so let's spread some joy. :D
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    :lol::lol:
    Ahahahaahahaah....

Oh, that's the funniest thing you have ever written...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Ahahahaahahaah....

But, but, I was being ser... ah, fuck it. You know me too well.

I love you guys! :twisted:

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pink-cigarette-5001139.jpg
    Is Pregnant :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's not mine :cry::cry::cry:
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    spmonkay wrote:

I'm gonna be a Dad!!!
    Congrats!!!

Wow you go!!! I went through the same thing when I had my entire right side broken snapped and crunched in a horse accident ( from my right shoulder to my foot.) the therapy is hard and treacherously painful some days but worth every minute!! I'm so glad to hear of your progress, that's awesome!!
  • And while we're posting positive things I just told ya'll the other day I was finally getting to "see the light coming through the clouds in rays"....Beginning with getting my van tagged and legal, the TC threw me a serious solid and let me keep my most recent number, even after nearly a year, my job WAS going good... but now it's going even better!!! I just got a 51 cent raaise!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! thanks for the positive thread, I think it's good to remember the good things.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Ahahahaahahaah....

14910 post later - we get the absolute truth.
    14910 post later - we get the absolute truth.

I don't really have an acid mine... :cry: