blind dates

fifefife Posts: 3,327
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I am trying to do things this year that i have not tried ever before. so today, i had a friend set me up with a friend of her on a blind date. I have never done that before and now i am feeling weird as the girl accepted the offer. can anyone give me some tips on blind dating.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Just be yourself and try and relax.

Let us know how you get on.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    bring a seeing eye dog.

at the end of the day, a blind date is the same as a regular date....you just don't what the person looks like.

hopefully she is cute.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    Hope to not scare you but.......I went on a blind date once......then I married her!:)

You never know what might be just around the corner...
    Good luck
  • JM4830 wrote:
    Hope to not scare you but.......I went on a blind date once......then I married her!:)

Good luck
    Me too... But I went on about 30 of them before I met her...
    I treat as I get a good meal, bar out of it but it costs double :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    be yourself and try and not to have any expectations ... not on looks, on personality, on anything ... be open ...

good luck ...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Claireack wrote:

exactly...she will be nervous as well. Ask her about her hobbies, movies, music, books. Stay away from politics and religion (at least for the first few dates). I'd say family as well, but some people like to talk about their family...some do not. Just don't take over and start blabbing all about yourself...uncomfortable silences are OK! I'd do something that is engaging, like playing pool, going to a museum at least your attention is not focused on trying to figure out what to say next...movies and dinner are ok, it just sometimes makes people feel 'pressure' to talk, or 'be interesting'. If you must, go to the movie first, then you can talk about it at dinner...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    4and20 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

exactly...she will be nervous as well. Ask her about her hobbies, movies, music, books. Stay away from politics and religion (at least for the first few dates). I'd say family as well, but some people like to talk about their family...some do not. Just don't take over and start blabbing all about yourself...uncomfortable silences are OK! I'd do something that is engaging, like playing pool, going to a museum at least your attention is not focused on trying to figure out what to say next...movies and dinner are ok, it just sometimes makes people feel 'pressure' to talk, or 'be interesting'. If you must, go to the movie first, then you can talk about it at dinner...

:lol: Fife is going to be paralyzed with fear after this! :lol:

I'd start by saying, "So, do you like Pearl Jam?" and if you get anything other than an emphatic "Yes!" you should say, "Thanks very much, but I'm not sure this will work out" and leave.

Of course, if you get that emphatic "Yes!" you have to quiz her to be sure she knows songs other than Jeremy and Alive. I'd delve into knowledge about Binaural Jam. The record. If she passes that, you can ask her about Binaural Jam, the 10C poster.

I hope that helps. I have your happiness in mind at all times, you know.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    4and20 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

:lol: Fife is going to be paralyzed with fear after this! :lol:

I'd start by saying, "So, do you like Pearl Jam?" and if you get anything other than an emphatic "Yes!" you should say, "Thanks very much, but I'm not sure this will work out" and leave.

Of course, if you get that emphatic "Yes!" you have to quiz her to be sure she knows songs other than Jeremy and Alive. I'd delve into knowledge about Binaural Jam. The record. If she passes that, you can ask her about Binaural Jam, the 10C poster.

I hope that helps. I have your happiness in mind at all times, you know.

I Endorse This Message.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Ask Bruce Willis if he would do it again....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    JM4830 wrote:

Good luck
    Me too... But I went on about 30 of them before I met her...
    I treat as I get a good meal, bar out of it but it costs double :lol:

i've been on more blind dates than blind people
    it's a hoot
    some are wonderful
    some are scary
    some leave you scratching your head... seriously, like their house is trashed
    fleas or lice or something... blind date... nicely done you filthy animal
    im sneaking out the door...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    send me your phone number, i'll text you with what to say
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 81 wrote:
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 81 wrote:
    Is your real name Cyranno?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 81 wrote:
    Is your real name Cyranno?
    i think he is...

OPRAH-WINFREY.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Relax, don't over think it. Its one date. Just a few hours. I agree that doing something active like playing pool is a good way to have conversation and deal with silences. If you are at a place that has pool there may be darts. If she is in to play extreme long range darts then I would say you should take her out again.

I also agree that you should give your number to 81. And Chadwick.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    ..............I could use some strange.............
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    RYEzupSF wrote:

perhaps a better idea would be to give us her number and we will text her with what to say. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

perhaps a better idea would be to give us her number and we will text her with what to say. :D

I've already texted her with: "Can I get you another beer?" and "Do you want to come to the pillow fight at my sororety?"
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I've already texted her with: "Can I get you another beer?" and "Do you want to come to the pillow fight at my sororety?"

awesome. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg