Ipod touch?

OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody here own one of these? Can you listen to Pearl Jam radio on it? I am seriously considering getting one whether I can listen or not, but that might tip the scale. Thanks for any help.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    OGT92 wrote:
    Anybody here own one of these? Can you listen to Pearl Jam radio on it? I am seriously considering getting one whether I can listen or not, but that might tip the scale. Thanks for any help.

I have one, the only way I can listen to Pj is if I get the link to it, like this one: http://75.102.43.202/live
    And even then it doesn't give me the information on each song. It's a little disappointing, but I can still listen to it.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I have one, the only way I can listen to Pj is if I get the link to it, like this one: http://75.102.43.202/live
    And even then it doesn't give me the information on each song. It's a little disappointing, but I can still listen to it.

Thanks. Is it easy to apply the link? Any place I have to enter the link? I don't really care about the info as I would only be using with my car stereo, so I would be driving, so I couldn't look at the info anyway. Thanks again.
    OGT92 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

Thanks. Is it easy to apply the link? Any place I have to enter the link? I don't really care about the info as I would only be using with my car stereo, so I would be driving, so I couldn't look at the info anyway. Thanks again.

I get the link from the Pearl Jam Radio forum page right here in the Porch. If you go to that page there is a link posted there. When you first do it it says there is an error, just click ok and within seconds it starts to play. But do to this you have to have Wi-Fi, but you might be able to long on to Pearl Jam radio before you get into your car and then listen to it until you exit out of it, I'm not sure though. I would recommended an Itouch, they are awesome!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

thefixer9 wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

I get the link from the Pearl Jam Radio forum page right here in the Porch. If you go to that page there is a link posted there. When you first do it it says there is an error, just click ok and within seconds it starts to play. But to do this you have to have Wi-Fi, but you might be able to long on to Pearl Jam radio before you get into your car and then listen to it until you exit out of it, I'm not sure though. I would recommended an Itouch, they are awesome!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I get the link from the Pearl Jam Radio forum page right here in the Porch. If you go to that page there is a link posted there. When you first do it it says there is an error, just click ok and within seconds it starts to play. But do to this you have to have Wi-Fi, but you might be able to long on to Pearl Jam radio before you get into your car and then listen to it until you exit out of it, I'm not sure though. I would recommended an Itouch, they are awesome!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. Worth a shot though. I will probably get one, anyway. Thanks for the info. I can't believe this thread was moved. It is most certainly PJ related. Oh well.
    OGT92 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. Worth a shot though. I will probably get one, anyway. Thanks for the info. I can't believe this thread was moved. It is most certainly PJ related. Oh well.

Your welcome, yeah it's weird it was moved.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• I have a touch, and I'd highly recommend getting the 'ootunes' app. I think it's like $2 but it is well worth it. You can stream tons of radio stations from it...I have three strictly PJ stations under my favorites, including the one from this site, and they're easy to find...I just searched for Pearl Jam. Plus it just has a lot of other radio stations streaming. You do have to be connected to wi-fi, though.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    What cell phone are you sporting
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Im not sure you will be able to use in car unless you r next to a McDonalds or someplace that has free wi-fi, however it is well worth the investment.I have the 32gb Itouch Ipod and have turned it into my car radio by connecting it to my stereo w/ a device you can get at most electronic stores or FYE. So I can listen through my car stereo any song or video(just listened to/watched some of Philly 4 whole show on work road trip). I have many playlist both music and video playlist so I just start what I want and go!
    11/5/91: Troy NY "I Just Want to SCREAM... HELLO!"
    8/4/92:Saratoga NY 4/6/94:Mass 9/13/98:CT
    8/27/2000:Saratoga NY,10/04/2000:Montreal,Canada
    04/29/03:Albany, 5/12/06:Albany NY,10/31/09:Philly,5/15/10Hartford CT