Options

Just woke up....weird dream I met Ed.

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited May 2008 in The Porch
WOW. So I just woke up and got outta bed a few minutes ago and remember the dream I had last night, and may I add i NEVER remember my dreams anymore.

The dream starts out with me having tickets to a PJ concert. Where? I have no idea! I got there and I was the only person there, it was basically someones basement and there was one security guard. To be honest, I only remember Ed being on "stage". So im not sure how much of a PJ concert it really was. So a few songs into the concert, the security guard asks me to step back because I was getting to close to eddie. (Still the only one there) Ed stops and tells me not to listen to her. (yes it was a big woman as the guard) So of course I get closer.

Then there is a set break, so me and Ed shre a few words. Somehow I end up telling him how I love pot. He tells me that he is on shrooms(?) as we speak. I was like no way I thought you don't do drugs anymore. He tells me he goes on random bursts of just doing ALOT of halucino genics for a few months then just completely stops. I ask him if it improves his writing process for making music. He says no, he just likes doing them.

Finally people show up, my friends. My freinds who have no care for PJ. So basically im sitting there trying to enjoy it and my friends are completely ruining it. I rmember them saying how it sucks and all that garbage.

Then the concert ends. I realize my dumbass was talking to him for 15 minutes and I didn't even bother asking for an autograph. So I run out and chase him shouting out eddie. I end up spotting him real quickly at a mall. (Yes a mall...) I catch him getting off the escalator and go "Im sorry to sound like an asshole man but can i get you autograph?" He goes "oh i have no pen but im chewing gum, you can take my gum and tell people you have eddies gum" I just basically said "oh" or something like im not interested haha. Then I end up telling him hes gotta do like a ToTD reunion. He tells me its not gonna happen cuz of chris cornell. I tell him "but pearl jam is basically all of temple of the dog, all u need is chris" he tells me "true, maybe".

We finally leave going our seperate paths...
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MKTerpMKTerp Posts: 66
    There must be something to this, because I've had similar dreams involving Ed or PJ. It's always an empty small venue show where something goes wrong, or other people don't care. I've had the same dream where my friends are complaining at the show. It's been a recurring dream, so there must be meaning behind it. In fact, I had one last night as well. It was supposed to be a Borgata show, but there were just a few people sitting around at tables. For some reason, only Eddie could make it, so the other musicians were fill-ins. It was terrible.

Maybe we're afraid of losing PJ or something. or maybe it's just a sign of stress, like my recurring dream where I realize I have a final exam and I forgot to study (even though I'm 5 years out of school).
  • Options
    MKTerp wrote:
    There must be something to this, because I've had similar dreams involving Ed or PJ. It's always an empty small venue show where something goes wrong, or other people don't care. I've had the same dream where my friends are complaining at the show. It's been a recurring dream, so there must be meaning behind it. In fact, I had one last night as well. It was supposed to be a Borgata show, but there were just a few people sitting around at tables. For some reason, only Eddie could make it, so the other musicians were fill-ins. It was terrible.

Maybe we're afraid of losing PJ or something. or maybe it's just a sign of stress, like my recurring dream where I realize I have a final exam and I forgot to study (even though I'm 5 years out of school).

Thats odd. perhap there is a meaning, who konows maybe we are afraid of losing them. I doubt we will but who knows. Pretty crazy we had similar dreams. Funny is that I actually would consider that as a great dream. I learned that ed does hippie drugs and was willing to give me his gum! haha.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Vedderman51Vedderman51 Posts: 606
    I had a few different dreams involving the band.

I had one a few months ago where I had tickets to MSG and I was waiting in line. But the line was so long that I could never make it into the show.

The most memorable one was Eddie took me snowboarding in Park City and bought me a bunch of new snowboarding gear and wanting to smoke a joint in a tree..ha ha
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I had a dream that PJ was playing in public park, but not really a lot of people were there. During the encore break they came out and played basketball in a caged off court. So I ran up to it and I saw them all. They all looked the same except Jeff who looked the same but was a black guy and kind of evil looking. It was fucken weird as hell.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    MKTerp wrote:

I've had that dream probably about 25 times -- at least from what I can recall -- since I graduated from college in 1999. It freaks me out! I had a "B" or B minus" heading into the final, which was worth about half my grade, and I keep thinking I bombed on that essay-heavy exam.

Turns out, I called the professor at home a night or two before graduation and learned that I had gotten a "B," I think, in the class. I keep having that dream, though.
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    I've had that dream probably about 25 times -- at least from what I can recall -- since I graduated from college in 1999. It freaks me out! I had a "B" or B minus" heading into the final, which was worth about half my grade, and I keep thinking I bombed on that essay-heavy exam.

Turns out, I called the professor at home a night or two before graduation and learned that I had gotten a "B," I think, in the class. I keep having that dream, though.

Oh, and I have this other weird dream in which I thought I dropped some college course but find out it was never processed correctly. Then it cuts to final-exam time, and I have no idea what I'm doing and realize I won't graduate. What does this stuff mean?
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    Thats odd. perhap there is a meaning,

there is a meaning. its obsession.

(ive had them too, i just dont post about it :p )
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    there is a meaning. its obsession.

(ive had them too, i just dont post about it :p )

well this was my first PJ dream so i had to post it.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    i have literally had too many dreams to count where they play a concert just for me...i'm sure the only thing "to it" is our obsession. ;)
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Wow. I've also had the shitty concert in a barely sold 15 tickets to arena where everything goes wrong. For instance, Dead Man was played. I mean seriously. That was a fucking nightmare.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume