whata horrible way to die

:(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Unbelievable
    Paul D.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Iam so fucking sick to my stomach. :cry:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fucking hell. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Now the Hawaii triple crown is going
    To have such a black cloud over it

Man a fucking bite in puerto Rico and that tourney is held in a different secret location each year

The waves must have been in the jungle or some shit

Man aim fucking bummed. He was so chill when I was at pipe line in 08 ..always stopped to talk to anyone

RIP BRA.
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    It gets worse

His wife was 7 months pregnant with their 1st kid :cry: :(
  • fuckn horrible
    RIP mate....legend
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    It gets worse

His wife was 7 months pregnant with their 1st kid :cry: :(

Oh that is terrible. Terrible. There is nothing worse than a hearing of a young child growing up without their parents.

I work with 2 kids, one whose father died when he was 5, a girl whose father dies when she was 5. So sad, they will never get to know their fathers.

Happens all to regularly.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Just read this. So sad! :cry: Said just now on news that his wife Lyndie is due next month, poor woman!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    shocked

terrible news :cry:
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    R.I.P Andy. Absolutely shocked!! :shock:

He'll go down as the only guy who could beat Kelly in his prime.

I'll remember him as the guy who could rip up and down a wave and always find the pocket again. Just an amazing surfer. Very sad.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/811796 ... hotel-room

A vial containing methadone was reportedly found in the hotel room of three-time world surfing champion Andy Irons.

The 32-year-old's body was discovered by staff this morning at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dallas, Texas after he failed to respond to a wake-up call.

Media reports earlier today had speculated Irons' death was the result of dengue fever, a mosquito-born virus his family had said he was suffering from.

Irons was on his way home to Hawaii after withdrawing from a surf contest in Puerto Rico because of the illness.

But according to the Honolulu Star Advertiser, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office has confirmed methadone was found in a drug container beside his hotel bed.

The vial which contained the methadone reportedly had a label for the prescription drug called zolpidem, which is used for insomnia.

Methadone is commonly used to treat heroin dependency in addicts but can also be used to provide relief from extreme pain.

The surfer’s wife Lyndie Dupuis is due to give birth within a month, Hawaiian newspaper the Garden Island reported.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Out of anyone who has died in the last year, THIS was the biggest shock to me. I hadd the honor of meeting Andy previously and he was super cool. He even autographed something for me and said my name was a "FLY" one :lol: I've watched him surf for lots of years and, this season at pipe will DEFINITELY be different. :(
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    so very sad- :(

RIP Andy
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    BUMP
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/811824 ... rons-death

A Texas county medical examiner has ruled out trauma and foul play in the death of surfing champion Andy Irons.

Irons was found dead on Tuesday in a hotel room at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport during a layover en route to his home on Kauai.

He was returning from Puerto Rico, where he was to compete in the 2010 Rip Curl Pro Search.

He withdrew citing an illness he contracted in Portugal.

Tarrant County Medical Examiner Nizam Peerwani said on Wednesday the cause and manner of death are pending due to completion of lab tests, which could take several weeks.

The 32-year-old surfer claimed the world championship in 2002, 2003 and 2004, and was a four-time winner of the prestigious Vans Triple Crown of Surfing.

His wife, Lyndie, is expecting the couple's first child in December.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/medicine-bu ... utostart=1

Medicine, but no methadone, found in Andy Irons's hotel room, police report says

Anti-anxiety and sleeping drugs - but no methadone - were found in a Texas hotel room where pro surfer Andy Irons died, celebrity news website TMZ.com reports.

The three-time Association of Surfing Professionals world title winner's final meal, eaten alone in an airport hotel room, was a few cans of soft drink and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup candy bar.

He had checked in to the Grand Hyatt at Dallas Fort Worth Airport in Texas at 9am on Monday.

Almost 24 hours later, he was found dead, lying on his back with the bed sheet "pulled up to his neck", with his back pack, iPod and a few pieces of clothing dotted around the room.

Two bottles of prescription medication, the anti-anxiety drug alprazolam and a powerful sleeping drug called zolpidem, issued to Irons on October 26, sat on a bedside table, with an empty bottle of water on the floor in front of it.

These details of the Hawaiian legend's final day are contained in a report prepared by Dallas Fort Worth Airport Police - the first authorities on the scene - and leaked to TMZ.com.

The report makes no mention of methadone being in one of the vials of medication. The Honolulu Star Advertiser, a local Hawaiian newspaper, yesterday reported that the medical examiner's office in Dallas had found a quantity of the highly-addictive drug in a bottle marked zolpidem.

Overnight the chief investigator at the medical examiner's office, Michael Floyd, denied leaking the information and told a Dallas newspaper: "We don't have any results to show that there's any methadone [in Irons's system] or not."

The office also said there was no sign that foul play or trauma had played a role in Irons's death.

The police report says Irons, 32, was found by hotel staff after he did not respond to a wake-up call.

"When Mr Irons failed to answer the knock on the door, [hotel workers] Mr Isaac and Ms Montero entered the room and found Mr Irons lying on his back on the bed," the report stated.

"Mr Irons did not exhibit any signs of life."

Paramedics arrived and declared that rigor mortis had set in.

Irons had arrived at Dallas Fort Worth Airport 27 hours earlier on a flight from Miami.

He had withdrawn from the Rip Curl Pro Search surfing contest in Puerto Rico due to illness, an ASP spokesman said, and was trying to make it home to Hawaii to get treatment for dengue fever, his sponsor Billabong said.

His wife Lyndie Dupuis, who is due to give birth to the couple's first child in December, was waiting for him there.

Irons stopped off in Miami and spent two hours on a drip before boarding the flight to Dallas.

Surfing magazine Stab reported on its website that Irons began vomiting during the flight and was too ill to make his connecting flight home.

He had checked into the Grand Hyatt at 8.47am instead.

Irons had recently returned to the professional surfing circuit after a year's sabbatical.

He told a film crew in a Billabong short film produced three months ago that he battled "inner demons"
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    So sad, he never got to meet his baby. :cry: