ISO Betterman tab: Ed's "lullaby' version

Red BurritoRed Burrito Posts: 476
edited November 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone out there got tabs for Ed's acoustic 'lullaby' version of Betterman from his solo Chicago show and most recently Bridge School I 2010?
the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• swans05swans05 Posts: 108
    shit i just posted that without seeing this...
  • swans05 wrote:
    shit i just posted that without seeing this...

I asked about tabs after Ed played it in Chicago but I never got any replies, I figured I would give it another go after they played it again at Bridge School.
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
    i'm not a guitarists arsehole really and what i come up with isn't what it really would be but i've got somethings i'm playing with which i'll try and post...i don't know anything about tuning or anything so it's all standard tuning on normal guitar
  • JW42505JW42505 Posts: 113
    Played the same, but in nashville tuning
    edited December 2010
    plays the same on standard tuning
    Post edited by swans05 on
    not so sure now that i've tried it a few times...oh well i tried
  • Just put a capo on the third fret and you've pretty much got it. The versus are picked a little different, but the chorus is very similar. Hope this helps.
  • Yeah it's the same chords throughout the song, but Ed fingerpicks the whole thing and plays it on his mini Martin in Nashville tuning, as stated above. I've played it with a capo on 4 and it sounds pretty reasonable.
    better get me one
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Uncle Neil wrote:
    Yeah it's the same chords throughout the song, but Ed fingerpicks the whole thing and plays it on his mini Martin in Nashville tuning, as stated above. I've played it with a capo on 4 and it sounds pretty reasonable.

yup--that's how i play it as well. capo on the 3rd or 4th fret. love this version of betterman!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com