people are so fucking inconsiderate.

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
i need to vent.

so i have a drug test for a new job im starting on thursday. the drug test is on tuesday. 3 of my friends invited me to go to nightmare new england with them so i said yes. then they tell me they're smoking beforehand. i have never once touched, cigs, weed, and alcohol. none of it ever interested me. i don't care that they do it, it's there choice. but the one fucking time i can't even be around it they tell me "we're still gonna smoke, we already planned it" so they put their fucking weed in front of me. so now i'm stuck home alone with nothing to do

god i hate people sometimes

sorry, vent over.
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    If u don't do it what's the problem?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • If u don't do it what's the problem?
    second hand smoke affect a drug test.

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I doubt second hand smoke would cause you to test positive for THC. That being said, couldn't you just leave the room or get out of the car while they're smoking if you're that worried about it?
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    your system is clean
    that's quite remarkable
    a few days after breathing in second hand burning THC i'd believe you'd to be clean.
    don't hang out in small rooms and cars filled with the green smoke and i'd imagine you'd pass

yes your friends are rude little dope addicts
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • adam42381 wrote:
    I doubt second hand smoke would cause you to test positive for THC. That being said, couldn't you just leave the room or get out of the car while they're smoking if you're that worried about it?
    i was told that they run a through analysis. whatever, i shouldn't have to "leave the room" anyways.

• Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    edited October 2010
    I failed a drug test. They called and said I have thc in my piss. I told them I was around people that were smoking but I did not smoke, he said the level of thc was so high and there's no wAy I couldn't have smoked.
    Post edited by Nothingman54 on
    I'll be back
  • I failed a drug test. They called and said I have thc in my piss. I told them I was around people that were smoking but I did not smoke, he said the level of thc was so high and there's no wAy I couldn't have smokes.
    yeah see, no way i can fuckin risk it.

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    FU**ing stoners . ;):mrgreen:
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I failed a drug test. They called and said I have thc in my piss. I told them I was around people that were smoking but I did not smoke, he said the level of thc was so high and there's no wAy I couldn't have smokes.
    yeah see, no way i can fuckin risk it.

You could go to your local headshop and get some synthetic piss. Works everytime. But I read you don't smoke so it would be a waste of 40$. SMOKE
    I'll be back
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    You shouldn't expect your friends to change. You should adapt to your current situation. Don't blame that on your friends.

And by the way, for someone who has never smoked, smoked, or drank; how did you get friends that do all of the above? In my experience, like minded folks tend to gravitate towards each other and become friends.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    My company runs drug tests on new hires and my understanding is 2nd hand smoke will not cause a positive result for marijuana.

In fact we get that excuse once in a while and know it's B.S.

From Wiki Answers:
    Here is some clinical research.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hem ... al/ch4.htm
    4.10 Passive inhalation

In the United States, urine testing for drug traces and metabolites is
    increasingly used to identify illicit drug users in the workplace
    (Hayden, 1991). A technical concern raised by the opponents of this
    practice has been the possibility of a person having a urine positive
    for cannabinoids as the result of the passive inhalation of marijuana
    smoke at a social event immediately prior to the provision of the
    urine sample. A number of research studies have attempted to determine
    the relationship between passive inhalation of marijuana smoke and
    consequent production of urinary cannabinoids (Hayden, 1991).

In one of the first studies on passive inhalation, Perez-Reyes and
    colleagues (1983) found that non-smokers who had been confined for
    over an hour in a very small unventilated space containing the smoke
    of at least eight cannabis cigarettes over three consecutive days had
    insignificant amounts of urinary cannabinoids. Law and colleagues
    (1984) and Mule et al (1988) also showed that passive inhalation
    produced urinary cannabinoid concentrations well below the detection
    limit of 20ng/ml 9-carboxy-THC used in workplace drug screens.

Morland et al (1985) produced urinary cannabinoid levels above 20ng/ml
    in non-smokers but the conditions were extreme, namely, confinement in
    a space the size of a packing box with exposure to the smoke of six
    cannabis cigarettes. The studies of Cone and colleagues (1986; 1987a,
    1987b) confirmed the necessity to apply extreme experimental
    conditions, which they claimed non-smokers were unlikely to submit
    themselves to for the long periods of time required to produce urinary
    metabolites above 20ng/ml. They also showed that non-smokers with
    significant amounts of cannabinoids in their urine experienced the
    subjective effects of intoxication.

So go and have fun with your friends :!:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    No fucking way can second hand smoke from a few joints c
    make your piss dirty

Maybe 100straight hours will turn it a little bad

However I realize the job is important..but really nothing to alter your night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    Not to sound harsh but get over it. They smoke. You don't need to be anti social just because your friends enjoy a different buzz. Just ask them not to do it right in front of you. Or ask them to step outside if theres a decent smoke spot for them. Chill out.... Maybe you should smoke a joint. Might mellow you out a bit.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Do you normally hate it when your friends smoke in front of you or is just because you have a drug test? I don't smoke either and I never cared that they did it around me.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You shouldn't expect your friends to change. You should adapt to your current situation. Don't blame that on your friends.

And by the way, for someone who has never smoked, smoked, or drank; how did you get friends that do all of the above? In my experience, like minded folks tend to gravitate towards each other and become friends.

I got friends that do it. I've never touched the stuff, but my friends do it. I would be lying if it said it didn't bother me cause I nearly lost one of my friends to an overdose. But they respect me that I don't and if I am goin out with a couple of them they won't touch anything, but if all of us boys are going out, there are a few straighty 180s like me, so they will. Sucks balls big time when all your mates are on it, and you're not.

Good luck champ and well done for having the strength to say no.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • ur a bitch! your from new england and dont smoke! either way ur a bitch!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    About 10 years ago, the night before I left for bootcamp, my girlfriend and I went to this party where it seemed everyone was smoking weed. It was heavy in the air. I was asked countless times if I wanted to take a hit or 2. I didn't but was paranoid the next day that I was gonna pop positive on a military tested drug test. I passed just fine so I'm pretty sure you would be good to go.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    If your friends are that inconsiderent then those are friends uou don'y need.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Quite a dilemma for you. I can see where you're frustrated. But it's a choice we may have to make at some point. I'm one of the many who risk to lose my professional license if I test positive, and of course the driving license also would be at risk. So, I avoid being around those situations, as tempting as they might be. Also, in all honesty, it's just not a good thing for me personally.

Not my place to judge what others do, but what I've noticed is that over the many years since I've indulged _ maybe 20 years now _ I have gravitated more toward friends who have, for whatever reason, similar views. We make it work. I have very close, very dear friends who never drink alcohol _ which I love and partake of regularly _ but we make it work. I also have friends who I suspect enjoy their weed and other substances, and that's fine too.

I'm a little hesitant about the Wikipedia citation earlier in this thread. The references are from the mid-1980s. That isn't to say it isn't accurate (when I Googled, I saw a Centers for Disease Control study from 1983). I'm not sure what current peer reviewed journals say, but I have to believe that testing has come a long way since then. (Sorry, I'm not at work so I can't look at PubMed or Medscape for you.)

At any rate, you should be aware that they may request not only urine, but also blood and or hair samples. Particularly if you're involved in an accident or event of any kind while on the job. Testing may at that point may be a condition of your employment. The hair samples show substances for a much longer duration. Your hair would show metabolites from various substances for a much longer period than your blood or your urine.

At any rate, if you want to be safe and be able to get a good night's sleep and not be overly worried, you did the right thing by staying home.

Kind of a bummer that you and your friends weren't able to find a way to work this out in a way that was mutually acceptable and could accommodate everyone.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • gimme a break. why would the many bow to the "needs" of the one? stay home and drink kool-aid and watch SNL. if I was in your situation, I'd say "sorry guys, I can't be around it tonight, and I don't want to ruin your time, so I'm out".

you're the one being inconsiderate assuming they should bow down to your situation.

THEY INVITED YOU. you'd only have a bitch if it was the other way around.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Paul David wrote:
    gimme a break. why would the many bow to the "needs" of the one? stay home and drink kool-aid and watch SNL. if I was in your situation, I'd say "sorry guys, I can't be around it tonight, and I don't want to ruin your time, so I'm out".

you're the one being inconsiderate assuming they should bow down to your situation.

THEY INVITED YOU. you'd only have a bitch if it was the other way around.

That's what I was thinking, I just didn't want to type it all. Sounds self-centered on your behalf.

Inconsiderate would be your friends to not invite you at all for the night out.

Now if you just got out of rehab or were on parol and your friends only wanted to smoke or whatever every single time you hung out with them, then you may have a case. But a one time thing?...cmon.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i need to vent.

so i have a drug test for a new job im starting on thursday. the drug test is on tuesday. 3 of my friends invited me to go to nightmare new england with them so i said yes. then they tell me they're smoking beforehand. i have never once touched, cigs, weed, and alcohol. none of it ever interested me. i don't care that they do it, it's there choice. but the one fucking time i can't even be around it they tell me "we're still gonna smoke, we already planned it" so they put their fucking weed in front of me. so now i'm stuck home alone with nothing to do

god i hate people sometimes

sorry, vent over.

you poor poor baby. how dare your friends have fun at your expense. :roll:

god i hate people.... all the fucking time. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • young-man-wearing_~u16724047.jpg
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014