inspect candy, inspect candy, inspect candy

mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
In my 27.5 years on this planet I've never once have heard a news story about poisonous,needle and razorblade laden candy massacres, yet every year that's what the news anchors demand parents to do.
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    They are waiting for someone to listen and become the story.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    i heard there has only been one documented instance of something like this happening...ever. and it was done by the victim's own parents. apparently they were trying to make it seem like someone else poisoned their kid.

but yeah---this is just another example of the local media over-hyping a non story to scare parents.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..i think our rule as kids was to not eat anything that wasn't factory sealed. so no popcorn balls, carmal apples, or dc brownies.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Maybe inspect the nutritional labels of the candy...

As far as overblown media coverage:

Don't ever fly anywhere the day before Thanksgiving.
    It's gonna snow 4 feet tomorrow. (I guess last year they were finally right about this)
    The terrorism alert level is orange.
    There are peace negotiations in the middle east.
    Your car is being recalled. You might die.
    You might get cancer from ______ (cell phone, tap water, power lines...).
    There's a rapist in your neighborhood.
    There's a con artist in your neighborhood.

What else?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    if people gave out dc brownies, i'd still be trick or treating.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    What they don't report is all the cavities that are being given out.

I ALWAYS had cavities as a kid, up until my early twenties when I made the best decision of my life. I stopped drinking pop, sugary drinks, eating candy or any type of processed sweets. I haven't had a cavity in probably 10 years now.

I have the occasional syrup on my waffles, but that's the extent of it.

I had a piece of cake a few months back, and felt sick. My body was not used to that much sugar and I'm better off because that's how it should be.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I can't imagine little kids on acid. That would be crazy/kinda funny.
    I'll be back
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    we were allowed to have homemade stuff and apples as long as we knew the person it came from, which we mostly did back in those days,
    but nowadays who knows their neighbors? i can tell you...not around here we don't. it's not like it used to be.

AND it seems to me i recall my dad each year dumping the candy from all three of us girls out on the dining room table, in 3 separate piles of course, god forbid we should "share" lol! and then picking out certain things that were not quite wrapped to his satisfaction. We weren't allowed to have those.

I think, now that I look back on it that they were mostly reese's peanut butter cups and snickers....and come to think of it, they were some of Pop's favorites LMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    homemade shit! We tossed that right back at their window!
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    What is a DC Brownie?
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    BinGnarly wrote:
    What is a DC Brownie?