Options

Riot Act Vinyl- Am I missing something??

yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
edited October 2008 in The Porch
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
info@wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    I was just searching the PJ vinyl on ebay. I'm getting ready to buy a turntable. and really would like to get my collection going (beyond the Vitalogy I bought on its release date), but it's prohibitively expensive. I would settle for reissues 'cause this stuff is crazy.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    lralle wrote:
    I would settle for reissues 'cause this stuff is crazy.

no kidding there...
  • Options
    I hear Ghost is much more haunting on vinyl...Can't wait to find out for myself..
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I just can't believe the cost is that much!!! I thought it was autographed or something, but it's NOT! Unreal! If I use ebay prices and add up all the PJ sealed vinyl I have, I'm looking at a couple grand! No way would I sell them though!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    yahamita wrote:
    I just can't believe the cost is that much!!! I thought it was autographed or something, but it's NOT! Unreal! If I use ebay prices and add up all the PJ sealed vinyl I have, I'm looking at a couple grand! No way would I sell them though!

"Ten" used to go for $50-75 on ebay... then it was reissued last year and now you can get it brand new for less then $20 and it never goes for more...

pearl jam needs to reissue all of their albums on vinyl in large quantities like Metallica did... the aftermarket for pearl jam vinyl is insane... it will cost you nearly $100 just to get the Avocado album now, and that is just insane

and for the record, i would rather have a few grand cash then a roomfull of pearl jam vinyl :D
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    yahamita wrote:
    The autographed one is $300.
  • Options
    its a buy it now price. people always set super high buy it now prices. they are ridiculous. i guess its for the super rich who want something right now. at least its available at all.

i just threw $80 at a binaural lp....so $40 a record. i dont feel that bad. itll get spun over and over and always be in my collection.

if anyone out there has a NO CODE VINYL, its the last one i need for a full set minus BENNY HALL, which ive given up on. i have a ALL THE WAY single, and shite zippo for trade as well as a bunch of posters at the following ebeans address. hit me up and we will talk trade. thanks. (im also hunting for an in to the wild lp)

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=14417
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Poster freaks should open their eyes and look around. The economy is going down the crapper and you're paying fucking 500 bucks for a benny vinyl? That's just idiotic!

i agree and have been saying this for awhile.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    and to think i felt stupid buyin a bunch of no code vinyl for $6 bucks each back in 2000.