ladies & gents in honor of halloween i present Mustache Ride

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,171
edited October 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
LOL i was just looking at my band's website and saw some pics i have not seen in awhile from halloween last year. since halloween is this weekend i thought it would be good fun to talk about the show we played last halloween.

we normally go by Glorious Blue, but we decided we would all grow out brutal looking mustaches and go by the name Mustache Ride....we were all celebrities with mustaches. our lineup was:

Hulk Hogan- Lead Vocals and jagerbombs
Magnum P.I.- Bass
Chuck Norris/Muppet Animal- Drums
early 80's Cardinal Great Keith Hernandez- lead guitar and just for men beard coloring
and
Adult film king Ron Jeremy- Rhythm Guitar and stuffed trousers, and neon shocker lamp..

it was a blast. it was my favorite show we have ever done. the place was packed. like 600 people there or something. there was a line out the door. sadly that place closed a few months ago and we lost a bunch of shows as a result. but that was the biggest and best paying venue we played.

i thought i would add a link to the pics, because you guys would appreciate it and get a good laugh out of it, i hope at least. there are some good shots of all of our gear too.

check it out
http://www.gloriousblue.com/phoenix2009.html

feel free to post pics or tell stories of your halloween shows. let's have a little fun here.
"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wow! Looks like it was a TOTAL BLAST! Hahaha! Loved it! What kind of stuff where you guys playing?

Great costumes! Animal is so over the top its GREAT! Totally awesome man

Btw - HOT CHICKS! :twisted:
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Wow! Looks like it was a TOTAL BLAST! Hahaha! Loved it! What kind of stuff where you guys playing?

Great costumes! Animal is so over the top its GREAT! Totally awesome man

Btw - HOT CHICKS! :twisted:

thanks man. it was a total blast. man i miss that place. they had a green room with a jager machine backstage and a fridge full of red bull and various types of beer. sometimes they would leave a tray of 30 shots back there and we would just give them away to our friends, because none of us ever needed 6 shots. they really knew how to take care of their bands there.

by stuff do you mean gear or tunes? we played a bunch of stuff. standard rock covers going back from the who, punked out elvis, and ccr all the way to current stuff like pearl jam and buckcherry and theory of a deadman and stuff. we also have to play some standard 80s crap because that is what the girls want to hear, and if you can draw girls to your show and keep them there you draw dudes who spend a lot of money on drinks, so if the bar has a big night the band has a big night.

the Animal costume is not ours. some dude in the crowd was dressed as animal with that mask that made him about 7 feet tall. he came up in the midle of that set and told our drummer he can borrow it for a few songs. it was so funny to watch him play and rock out with that big mask flopping around on his head. i don't know how he could see to play. it was the funniest thing i have ever seen at one of our shows and we have had a lot of spinal tap shit happen to us the last 8 years. i was laughing so hard at him i had tears in my eyes and had trouble playing. there is a pic on there of me looking at him and you can tell i was laughing..

yeah, we have always drawn a lot of girls over the years. huge groups of them. i have no idea why because we are not that great of a band. we have high energy and if there is something we have not practiced or played in a long time and it gets requested we just go for it every time and see what happens. maybe they like that? i guess because at one time we were all young good lookin guys. it helps that our singer is really great and every girl wants to be with him...man he has it rough lol...that dude has to literally beat them away with a drumstick...especially since he has a serious girl now.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."