What was your favorite/most hated Halloween treat?

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I hated getting:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj1bqvMSG4bioGULiu2sgq2dF6dD1rstzHzw4z6wxJsoMvDIU&t=1&usg=__dTeRCxRRVAide_PM2cN0flFPSyI=

and

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFxISaUTOK2wRADCAvjCtBZoyiponSGx0Qb91NbiyevKsUOQk&t=1&usg=__H6cYx371jTm6AuJoguCJ079x6Ww=

Still LOVE:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUyTcZwTAkt8nhq0WHU7w6Mk8L1gbDpv7YP73BxNlUlshMUwg&t=1&usg=__5pYhM-ZZENKisrPPBuhA2Ko9gDw=
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Hated = Getting an Apple

Loved = Mcdonalds Sundae coupons
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Stupid Necco Wafers.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hated
    can't think of any

loved
    snickers
    peanut butter cups
    twix
    basically, any candy that had chocolate, and excluded coconut
    pixies were always a favorite
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    My favorite was homemade popcorn balls and carmel apples

least favorite sweet tarts...yuk
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    HATE:
    793_general.jpg?w=150&h=150

Generic orange mystery candy

Also those things that are knock off wanna-be tootsie rolls.....colored wrappers.......came in different flavors I believe

LOVE:
    bottlecaps.jpg

0007339000451_l4_1293_general.jpg
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    pandora wrote:
    My favorite was homemade popcorn balls and carmel apples
    I LOVED the popcorn balls.

No thanks on the pencil found at the bottom of my bag...nor that rock. I felt like Charlie Brown that year.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Always hated anything with a marshmallow center!! :|
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    what's the deal with candy corn? anyone actually enjoy it?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    bottlecaps.jpg

Currently my favorite candy in the world
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    rival. wrote:

my other desk partner is eating them at the moment

not bad
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    rival. wrote:

I actually like them...Only this time of year and in small doses, but I do like them! :-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    rival. wrote:

Lost a $100 bet last weekend due to candy corn. Bet my friend he coulnd't eat a full cup of candy corn that was sitting out on his dining room table. I was wrong. Fit 60+ candy corn in his mouth at once.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rival. wrote:

my other desk partner is eating them at the moment

not bad

candy corn =

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXsp3zGiFZTxRqM8q_1tgeXrlcTDV04u6b_t5RWLesuAIuiOo&t=1&usg=__tCr5YcQ2e_a4NmEXB7IkYh13dqA=
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    UpSideDown wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Lost a $100 bet last weekend due to candy corn. Bet my friend he coulnd't eat a full cup of candy corn that was sitting out on his dining room table. I was wrong. Fit 60+ candy corn in his mouth at once.

NIIIIICE!!! :lol:

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Magnuson wrote:
    I hated getting:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj1bqvMSG4bioGULiu2sgq2dF6dD1rstzHzw4z6wxJsoMvDIU&t=1&usg=__dTeRCxRRVAide_PM2cN0flFPSyI=

Grampa Leo gave me these once.
    Then we all went for a ride in Grampa Leo's circa-1964 brown Plymouth.
    Then I threw up bright melon colored chunks all over the back of Grampa Leo's circa-1964 Plymouth.

I have not eaten a circus peanut since. In fact, I'm supressing an involuntary heave just looking at the photo.

Favorite things to get: Snickers, Smarties, Sweet Tarts, Skittles, Twix, Tootsie Pops, plain lollipops
    Hated things to get: Anything remotely marshmallow, any kind of Willy Wonka candy, Mounds, Almond Joy
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Magnuson wrote:
    I hated getting:

Then I threw up bright melon colored chunks all over the back of Grampa Leo's circa-1964 Plymouth.

I have not eaten a circus peanut since. In fact, I'm supressing an involuntary heave just looking at the photo.

Favorite things to get: Snickers, Smarties, Sweet Tarts, Skittles, Twix, Tootsie Pops, plain lollipops
    Hated things to get: Anything remotely marshmallow, any kind of Willy Wonka candy, Mounds, Almond Joy

Thanks for the visuals unlost :sick: ...a friend in junior high introduced me to these nasty bits of demonic elephant turds. She was all excited, "if you like marshmallows, you'll love these!" I took a bite into one and spit it out, "they taste like some poor kids' forgotten peep that got lost under the couch for the past 5 years!" She then proceeded to eat the entire (jumbo sized )bag within an hour....I think half of them got stuck in her braces....

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Magnuson wrote:
    Magnuson wrote:
    I hated getting:

Thanks for the visuals unlost :sick: ...a friend in junior high introduced me to these nasty bits of demonic elephant turds. She was all excited, "if you like marshmallows, you'll love these!" I took a bite into one and spit it out, "they taste like some poor kids' forgotten peep that got lost under the couch for the past 5 years!" She then proceeded to eat the entire (jumbo sized )bag within an hour....I think half of them got stuck in her braces....

Nice!

I think these are basically packing peanuts, but with color.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Candy corn is the worst!!
  • rival. wrote:

The corn is okay, but I LOVE the pumpkins mixed in with it. There are few things which spell autumn like that!

I would have to say my favorite Halloween treat was the SMELL which came from the pale after it was filled to the brim. There is simply nothing like it! :lol:
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • I always disliked getting candy corn. Tastes like wax. Horrible. Also didn't care for the pennies and nickles the old people loved to toss in.. oh and the pencils lol ;)

Loved and still love Twix, Milky Way and those tootsie pops, YUM!! :D
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • lina319 wrote:
    I always disliked getting candy corn. Tastes like wax. Horrible. Also didn't care for the pennies and nickles the old people loved to toss in.. oh and the pencils lol ;)

Twix and Milky Way...absolutely!

I seem to remember getting french fries coupons, too. I never liked those. They tasted like papercuts on my tongue.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    lina319 wrote:
    I always disliked getting candy corn. Tastes like wax. Horrible. Also didn't care for the pennies and nickles the old people loved to toss in.. oh and the pencils lol ;)

Twix and Milky Way...absolutely!

I seem to remember getting french fries coupons, too. I never liked those. They tasted like papercuts on my tongue.
    :lol: just popped in to say... love the new avatar ;) He's looking good! :D
    rival. wrote:

I actually like them...Only this time of year and in small doses, but I do like them! :-)

agreed. i like them. a handful a year is about the right dose
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm not sure of the name.... but those "sugar sticks" Yuck !!!!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:

pixie :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    81 wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

pixie :D

Thank you, I better not get any of those this year.... ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Damn nut gave me and my cuz some friggin onions once...no lie

Caramel apples and popcorn balls were the best
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    rival. wrote:

My girlfriend loves them. I think they are crap.

The same thing goes for her family. :twisted:

I kid.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Damn nut gave me and my cuz some friggin onions once...no lie

Caramel apples and popcorn balls were the best

I got steamed broccoli once...good thing I love that.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    That dirty syringe didn’t taste very good… nor did that rusty razorblade…
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/