Yes, Christmas is less than 2 months away!

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I love this time of the year. Get through Halloween and it's fast forward onto the major holidays.

Listening to Barenaked for the Holidays right now! Great album!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    All the shops are starting to put up their trees. I love Christmas!!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    though I am not american, christmas doesn't start till after American Thanskgiving
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    though I am not american, christmas doesn't start till after American Thanskgiving
    Bah. It's leap year! Or something. :lol:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I hate to be the humbug, but Thanksgiving is waaay better than Christmas.

Christmas is either too materialistic or too religious for me. To me Thanksgiving is about good times with people you care about, minus the other crap.

I say we cancel Christmas and make Thanksgiving a world holiday.
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Christmas is what you make it, and by too religious you do realize that it is a religious holiday.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Christmas is what you make it, and by too religious you do realize that it is a religious holiday.
    Yes, started by the pagan religions before Christ.. If you believe Christ existed, then you already know he wasn't even born on Christmas.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I just saw this thread title and got a little weirded out!!
    Less than 2 months til Christmas (well, Hanukkah for me!) already? Where did 2010 go??? Cannot believe it...

But I really do love the Christmas season! And though I love it here in Maryland, I will be very excited to go back home to New York and be able to spend some days in NYC for the holiday season. Nothing quite like NYC at Christmastime, I love it!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    My son has asked me a few times when Egg Nog will be available. He'd pour it on
    his cereal if I let him.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Festivus for the rest of us

Christmas is either too materialistic or too religious for me. To me Thanksgiving is about good times with people you care about, minus the other crap.

• I hate to be the humbug, but Thanksgiving is waaay better than Christmas.

I agree with you. My favorite holiday of the year is Thanksgiving. It's all about getting together with people and pigging out on good food and pie! lol No expecations of gifts or anything.
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Favorite time of the year. I get to see family I hardly see anymore. Luckily Skype has helped with that a bit. But nothing like actually seeing them in person.

Costco has had Christmas stuff up since September.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I love thanksgiving and x mas but I can't stand being around family. Iv always wanted to have a x mas with my wife and two boys and nobody else. I don't like turkey or ham or any of the normal holiday food so I would grill burgers in the snow.
    I'll be back
    Yes, started by the pagan religions before Christ.. If you believe Christ existed, then you already know he wasn't even born on Christmas.

It is the day that is celebrated for his Birth.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
    samjam wrote:
    Less than 2 months til Christmas (well, Hanukkah for me!) already? Where did 2010 go??? Cannot believe it...

But I really do love the Christmas season! And though I love it here in Maryland, I will be very excited to go back home to New York and be able to spend some days in NYC for the holiday season. Nothing quite like NYC at Christmastime, I love it!

Same with me. I live down in Maryland and am from NJ but still like to visit NYC for the all the Holiday festivities.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    samjam wrote:

Same with me. I live down in Maryland and am from NJ but still like to visit NYC for the all the Holiday festivities.

Very cool! Down here for school and loving it, but way excited to come home for my 5 week winter break!
    Ahhh the holiday times! I love just thinking about it! It's such a nice spirit in the air!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    And my birthday :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    And my birthday :mrgreen:

Wait. Is THAT why we have celebrations all over the world at this time of year ?! How cool 8-):lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    thank heavens the xmas music hasn't started yet!! same stuff over and over and over. enough to make one go postal.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I love this time of year, with Halloween, then shopping, Thanksgiving and more shopping, lots of get togethers - Christmas, birthdays and then the New Year..... :D

I always seem to get the blues by the end of - January....thats when the winter starts to annoy me.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    As always, I am willing to accept expensive gifts from complete strangers. Something to think about...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

I'm completely on board with the Thanksgiving idea! Christmas is all about hype, and the real meaning gets lost.
    Jeanwah wrote:

I'm completely on board with the Thanksgiving idea! Christmas is all about hype, and the real meaning gets lost.

xmas is all about gifts nowadays..its a shame
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Jeanwah wrote:

I call it "Giftmas". :mrgreen:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

I call it "Giftmas". :mrgreen:

in the month of december,whenever i answer my phone..people dont even say hello ..they just say.."what do you want for christmas "

its a joke

although my bday is the next day so thats good
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

in the month of december,whenever i answer my phone..people dont even say hello ..they just say.."what do you want for christmas "

its a joke

{{{ring ring}}} "What do you want for your birthday?" :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Magnuson wrote:

its a joke

{{{ring ring}}} "What do you want for your birthday?" :lol:

thats better :lol: i dont mind that :mrgreen:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Jeanwah wrote:

It really is a shame.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Jeanwah wrote:

Me too. I get more of an excitement out of Thanksgiving now. Just good food, drinks, and great company.

or....

festivus-yes-bagels-no.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I miss getting Star Wars Figures, in 1997 i think, when the movies were rereleased, i bought all the original figures, they just sat there on the self, i finally had the money to buy myself any toy i wanted and i didn't have the immagination to enjoy them anymore.

that was a bitter pill to swallow.

But i'm gettin a Wii for Christmas this year, and
    Disney_Epic_Mickey-Nintendo_WiiScreens14349Screen1.gif

Epic Disney!!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I love this time of year but it is the fastest 2 months of the whole year...
    wish I could slow the clock down and savor...make it last

here we go, well once Sunday is over! :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cZpGxej08