Options

Well, the new RHCP album is going to suck...

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
edited October 2010 in Other Music
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc ... album.html

african drums?

flea on piano???

:shock:
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    :shock: :o :?
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    You say this like the last two DIDN'T suck. ;)

I kid.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    At least they're working!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    In other news, the sky is blue.

:P
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

Hey, Flea played piano in breaking the girl.
    ok, it was a toy piano, but a piano nonetheless...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    how can you possibly claim to know how this album would sound from two comments about how the music is being made???
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Is there something inherently wrong with piano that I didn't get the memo about?
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    how can you possibly claim to know how this album would sound from two comments about how the music is being made???

oh i forgot to add...FRUSCIANTE ISN'T EVEN IN THE BAND ANYMORE.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Is there something inherently wrong with piano that I didn't get the memo about?

there's nothing wrong with piano...flea should be playing one of two instruments: the bass, or the trumpet.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:

tcaporale wrote:

there's nothing wrong with piano...flea should be playing one of two instruments: the bass, or the trumpet.
    It's a studio recording... one person is able to "play" several instruments on one song.
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    God forbid a band experiment with a variety of different instruments and sounds on an album, that HAS to mean it will suck! Just take No Code, for example... *shudder*, right? :roll:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108

This is the main reason the new album has a higher chance of sucking than normal.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    yes, tis true. but the op stated intially that it was because of piano and whatnot, which came off as somewhat ignorant.

This is the main reason the new album has a higher chance of sucking than normal.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    yes, tis true. but the op stated intially that it was because of piano and whatnot, which came off as somewhat ignorant.

i'm not trying to be ignorant...i'm just being sarcastic. look at my username: RHCPjam1029. i love the chili peppers (not as much as i used to) but i just feel that this album isn't going in a great direction. i feel like they're trying to top the commercial success of stadium arcadium by trying all of these new, different techniques. as well, they're probably trying to hide the fact that frusciante isn't in the band anymore.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Froosh is only really good in RHCP. RHCP are only really good with Froosh.
  • Options
    El PapeEl Pape Posts: 81
    Californication was the last album that I liked.

Do you want to see my vinyls collection? Just "Click" in the image

Vinilos%20Rock.JPG
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    this is actually great news to me. i love when bands experiment and try new things. african drums are sick too. they will put out a very solid album. yes, stadium was not nearly as good as bloodsugarsexmagik or californication but it was still very solid with some ehh songs. however, anything the band has ever put out is quality work and well worth buying and listening to.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    First thing that came to mind:
    http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/images_7 ... eGreek.jpg

For anyone that didn't see the movie. The british guy plays as a rock star that came out with an album with heavy african influences and it was regarded as one of the worst things to happen to african american history.

edit: ok seriously what is this 1995? You cant post an image more than 480 pixels? get with the program 10C.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options

edit: ok seriously what is this 1995? You cant post an image more than 480 pixels? get with the program 10C.

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Paul David wrote:

:lol:

I agree it's very frustrating.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Don't they all suck?
    #FHP
  • Options
    Nope!