Options

That 1 in a MILLION Find... I just found mine!!!!!!

G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
edited November 2008 in The Porch
I am so stoked right now. I just found something super important to me and my Pearl Jam history. I just scored the poster from my first concert.... not only my first concert but ALSO my first Pearl Jam concert... Not just any Pearl Jam concert.... THE POLO FIELDS 95 when Ed got sick!!!! June 24, 1995.

I just found it and BOUGHT IT!

This was the beginning of my ride and what a day it was. Of course Ed got sick at this show and only played 7 songs but this one went down in history and started a long LONG following I've been on ever since and I JUST FOUND THE POSTER. I have been looking for this for a while and just happened to come across it at my local record store.... well not just any record store... the famous Amoeba in SF.

Check it out: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/GDuncan10/IMG_0129.jpg

Its the original on THICK PAPER. Its gotta be one of the first Ames posters and says Ames Bros. / pearl jam at the bottom.

I don't know what this baby values for but its a prize in my collection.

SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW.

Always ask and always check. I've had a few great finds that totally make my day...but this one sits near the top.

SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!! Now Im gonna matte and frame this up beautifully. I'll post pics once Im done.

Please share your story of finding that 1 in a million find on this thread.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That's awesome Tipjammer! Wow, now that really is one in a million!! And I love how the poster looks, I just had to chuckle over "Sponsored by no one", haha that's so like PJ, you better frame it up and make like a fucking shrine around it lol, it's a great find! And yeah please, I'd really love to see pics when it's all up on your wall where it deserves to be...Isn't that concert the one where they say Eddie wrote Red Mosquito afterwards?

Haha, Since I live in Egypt, PJ collectibles are NON-EXISTANT, so sadly I don't have an awesome story to share lol, so come on people let's hear those cool stories!!
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    awesome, good for you! nice poster, too.
    :)
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    hell yea, thats awesome!!

p.s im lookin for that 98 ames noblesville, c'mon someone sell it to me.
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Great find...I was there a couple of weeks ago (on vacation) and saw they had a bunch of the official bootlegs (don't ask what years...they were the ones in the brown packaging) for like $9 - $15. Picked up Bayleaf for about $5...Anyway, I asked some guy behind the counter if they had any "interesting" PJ stuff - and he said "we definitely have posters". I asked him if any of them were rare or anything, but he didn't think any of them were. .. most likely he just didn't know...

Anyway congrats on finding a gem!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    ive always loved this poster.. glad you finally got ahold of it :)
  • Options
    i kinda has a 1 in a million day yesterday...

1st i scored the TEN Basketball Pic disc lp for $60 on the bay...hopefully itll come soon!

then i scored the A/P Klausen Widespread Panic Poster for $45 from BK's site...just because i decided to chek the poster like i do every few days...and it just happened to be on sale...

both werent really 1 in a million....looks like 10 or so of each of these items were put up by the sellers....im stoked i got one of each...a good day for the collection yesterday...

today i nabbed a Kings of Leon AHA 12" white vinyl for a decent price...only 300 of these out there...so another nice score for me....the seller says it skips a little but i bet it will be fine....

however, my bank account is in death throws....spitting up blood...
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    i kinda has a 1 in a million day yesterday...

1st i scored the TEN Basketball Pic disc lp for $60 on the bay...hopefully itll come soon!

then i scored the A/P Klausen Widespread Panic Poster for $45 from BK's site...just because i decided to chek the poster like i do every few days...and it just happened to be on sale...

both werent really 1 in a million....looks like 10 or so of each of these items were put up by the sellers....im stoked i got one of each...a good day for the collection yesterday...

today i nabbed a Kings of Leon AHA 12" white vinyl for a decent price...only 300 of these out there...so another nice score for me....the seller says it skips a little but i bet it will be fine....

however, my bank account is in death throws....spitting up blood...

Right on dude. Nice work. Congrats. That Basketball disc is cool. Especially for 60 bucks.
  • Options

then i scored the A/P Klausen Widespread Panic Poster for $45 from BK's site...just because i decided to chek the poster like i do every few days...and it just happened to be on sale.

Any interest in trading the Widespread poster?
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    TipJammer wrote:
    I am so stoked right now. I just found something super important to me and my Pearl Jam history. I just scored the poster from my first concert.... not only my first concert but ALSO my first Pearl Jam concert... Not just any Pearl Jam concert.... THE POLO FIELDS 95 when Ed got sick!!!! June 24, 1995.

I just found it and BOUGHT IT!

This was the beginning of my ride and what a day it was. Of course Ed got sick at this show and only played 7 songs but this one went down in history and started a long LONG following I've been on ever since and I JUST FOUND THE POSTER. I have been looking for this for a while and just happened to come across it at my local record store.... well not just any record store... the famous Amoeba in SF.

Check it out: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/GDuncan10/IMG_0129.jpg

Its the original on THICK PAPER. Its gotta be one of the first Ames posters and says Ames Bros. / pearl jam at the bottom.

I don't know what this baby values for but its a prize in my collection.

SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW.

Always ask and always check. I've had a few great finds that totally make my day...but this one sits near the top.

SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!! Now Im gonna matte and frame this up beautifully. I'll post pics once Im done.

Please share your story of finding that 1 in a million find on this thread.

that is GREAT!!!!! congrats!!!! what colors are u using for the matte and frame? (if u dont mind sharing)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Thats really cool! :)
  • Options
    Thanks SENROCK... Im not sure at the moment. I stared at that poster for like an hour last night thinking about it. It has about 4 colors in it. Orange, Peach, Black, and a pale yellow. I really wanna do something cool with it so it might get a double matte. It was from the Vitalogy period but to me that and Vs were like one big blur. That being said... ORANGE was the color that represented Pearl Jam for me at that time. And the fact that the dominant but subtle color on the poster is orange I might go with an orange border matte. Orange is a bit bold though. Personally... I think the poster is rather ugly but SUPER COOL. I wanna help it look better with the proper matte choices. Definitely a black frame though. It has a very circus freak kind of theme to it so I'm open to ideas that would maybe help further capture that.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Nice work, hopefully I will find my 1 in a million in the form of an inexpensive ITW Vinyl :)
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    Nice work, hopefully I will find my 1 in a million in the form of an inexpensive ITW Vinyl :)

Dude...that will come along. There are a lot out there and eventually people won't hold on to them as tight as they do now. You'll get it. Just be patient.

My find yesterday is something I was casually looking for for a long time. Seen it on ebay yadda yadda but its been quite pricey. I found it for $75 bucks and I had just sold the store $40 bucks worth of cds so I got it for $35!

You'll find ITW vinyl. If you keep asking here someone will help you find it too. That's a very recent release so could be a little hard right now. You might have to wait but no biggie. I have ITW vinyl. The album art is in a frame and I've never played the record cuz I don't have a record player but I want to. : ) Good luck.
  • Options
    youngvedderyoungvedder Canada Posts: 102
    Funny, I actually FINALLY got mine too. Found a great guy on EB that had a mint '98 Barrie Ames poster....got it delivered yesterday.

so pleased to finally get it after 10 years of hunting..

cheers,

Yv
    8/22/98 Barrie; 8/23/98 Detroit
    10/05/00 Toronto; 10/07/00 Detroit
    6/28/03 Toronto
    9/11/05 Kitchener; 9/13/05 Toronto; 9/19/05 Hamilton
    5/09/06 Toronto; 5/10/06 Toronto
    8/12/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey); 8/13/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey)
    8/21/09 Toronto; 10/31/09 Phili
    5/10/10 Buffalo
    9/12/11 Toronto;9/12/11 Toronto; 9/15/11 Hamilton
    10/18/14 Brooklyn
    10/16/15 Detroit
    5/10/16 Toronto; 5/12/16 Toronto
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    TipJammer wrote:
    Dude...that will come along. There are a lot out there and eventually people won't hold on to them as tight as they do now. You'll get it. Just be patient.

My find yesterday is something I was casually looking for for a long time. Seen it on ebay yadda yadda but its been quite pricey. I found it for $75 bucks and I had just sold the store $40 bucks worth of cds so I got it for $35!

You'll find ITW vinyl. If you keep asking here someone will help you find it too. That's a very recent release so could be a little hard right now. You might have to wait but no biggie. I have ITW vinyl. The album art is in a frame and I've never played the record cuz I don't have a record player but I want to. : ) Good luck.

Thanks, i have almost picked it up twice on ebay, but was FORTUNATELY outbid. Way to expensive. I will definitely wait it out. I am trying to build my vinyl collection. There are so many records I could by that don't have a $200 price tag. One of these days.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I can bet Lukinfan's future 1 in a million find will be that elusive Birmingham 98.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    That's an awesome find! Grats.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Great find.

Hopefully one day I'll find my "one in a million" too: the Adelaide '98 poster, my first show.

I kick myself for not buying one now, it's such a nice poster too.
  • Options
    I found rearviewmirror on LP for $20 at Zia records in Tempe. Real nice clean copy too.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Congrats to all for "obtaining" their 1 in a million" I hope I get that rush someday when I find mine...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,153
    Title throw's at me thinking that you found that special woman or something. Which is hard to find these day's. But it being a poster that was the find?

Still, very nice indeed! :)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    TipJammer wrote:
    Thanks SENROCK... Im not sure at the moment. I stared at that poster for like an hour last night thinking about it. It has about 4 colors in it. Orange, Peach, Black, and a pale yellow. I really wanna do something cool with it so it might get a double matte. It was from the Vitalogy period but to me that and Vs were like one big blur. That being said... ORANGE was the color that represented Pearl Jam for me at that time. And the fact that the dominant but subtle color on the poster is orange I might go with an orange border matte. Orange is a bit bold though. Personally... I think the poster is rather ugly but SUPER COOL. I wanna help it look better with the proper matte choices. Definitely a black frame though. It has a very circus freak kind of theme to it so I'm open to ideas that would maybe help further capture that.

i was going to suggest an orange matte with black frame because that brings out the colors more. i like that u were thinking that too. and makes total sense about vs! if u do double matte, see how orange would look with some shade of peach. or to be really crazy, try orange with like a blue of some kind. ya never know!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!