Options

VS Metal Head Sculpture

G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Does anyone on here have one of these. It was a very limited edition metal sculpture of the sheeps head from the cover of VS.

I have #101 of 2000

Any idea what the value of this item might be.

More than Bennyroya Vinyl? Probably more rare.

I don't have a pic to post right now but I'll update it later when I get home.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Sounds pretty rad. Never heard of it. I am guessing by the lengths people go to to acquire the basketball set and mini-whiskey bottles, this would be up there on the list of collectibles.
  • Options
    pearljim10pearljim10 AZ Posts: 404
    this question comes up from time to time. i have one too that i got a long time ago. i thought it would be worth a lot by now but i think they go for under $100. probably closer to $50. sorry but no where near a benaroya vinyl.
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • Options
    pearljim10pearljim10 AZ Posts: 404
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial

What do you mean? It is official I think.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    TipJammer wrote:
    What do you mean? It is official I think.

Nope....Unofficial for sure....I have one as well...If it were official, the value would be huge..Just a cool thing that someone made and numbered to 2000....Cool, but not worth alot...
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Nope....Unofficial for sure....I have one as well...If it were official, the value would be huge..Just a cool thing that someone made and numbered to 2000....Cool, but not worth alot...

Hmmmmm....well....I hear ya...but I don't believe ya yet. You are maybe right.... but the thing seems pretty legit. If it isn't legit does that mean there are really way more than 1000 of them?

I would NEVER sell that thing for cheap. Even if it is phony it is very VERY unique. 50 bucks is laughable to me.

What number do you have? Where did you find yours?
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    TipJammer wrote:
    Hmmmmm....well....I hear ya...but I don't believe ya yet. You are maybe right.... but the thing seems pretty legit. If it isn't legit does that mean there are really way more than 1000 of them?

I would NEVER sell that thing for cheap. Even if it is phony it is very VERY unique. 50 bucks is laughable to me.

What number do you have? Where did you find yours?

You can take it for whats its worth...I have done my research and am pretty familiar with most PJ collectibles...There were actually 2000 of these made, not 1000...As for mine..I BELIEVE mine is 1800 or something like that....You can find people who will pay way more than $50 on the bay, I am sure. Just depends on who is watching and when as far as that goes. THAT SAID...Anyone who has done their home work would not pay more than about $100 for it. Like I said, cool item and I love mine...Just not a big ticket item and not as highly sought after as many other items. Just MY opinion...Means nothing, and doesnt make it gospel...Just telling you what I know...:D..Good Luck
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    You can take it for whats its worth...I have done my research and am pretty familiar with most PJ collectibles...There were actually 2000 of these made, not 1000...As for mine..I BELIEVE mine is 1800 or something like that....You can find people who will pay way more than $50 on the bay, I am sure. Just depends on who is watching and when as far as that goes. THAT SAID...Anyone who has done their home work would not pay more than about $100 for it. Like I said, cool item and I love mine...Just not a big ticket item and not as highly sought after as many other items. Just MY opinion...Means nothing, and doesnt make it gospel...Just telling you what I know...:D..Good Luck

Right on...I wouldn't sell it anyways. I can't part with any of my collectables. I just don't have the ability to. I believe you...thats disappointing. I wonder who is behind that thing then. I also have a limited edition box set of singles. Do you have that? It also has a little metal sculpture on it of the guy holding the window. Im under the impression that one is legit. Am I wrong? And just putting 2 and 2 together it seemed that the metal sculpture-ish elements of them both made them seem as though from the same parent if you will...ie pearl jam themself. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    mjb wrote:
    Sounds pretty rad. Never heard of it. I am guessing by the lengths people go to to acquire the basketball set and mini-whiskey bottles, this would be up there on the list of collectibles.

Speaking of the mini-whiskey bottles....anyone have pictures of them? I haven't seen them in a while. Oh, and anyone want to sell me some on the cheap? ;)
  • Options
    I was under the impression it was official as well. Saw one in 1995 at Hot Topic. Why would they be selling unofficial merch? It was expensive back then.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    whgarrett wrote:
    I was under the impression it was official as well. Saw one in 1995 at Hot Topic. Why would they be selling unofficial merch? It was expensive back then.
    What were you doing in Hot Topic in '95?!
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    I was trying to fuck this goth chic who worked behind the counter, and they were one of the only stores in the area that carried new vinyl, import cd's etc...they carried a lot of PJ back then.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    this is pretty ugly.. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    It is by far the ugliest fucking part of my PJ collection. By far. Still wouldn't sell it though. I got mine in a now defunct but used to be cool store called Metal for Melbourne, in Melbourne. The shop was built into a train tunnel. Memories...
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    the metal head is unofficial in that it was not made by epic. the cd inside is real.

the box set you speak of, is that the one in the gray felt box? also unofficial.
    notice it has an unofficial cd sized booklet inside

you don't have to believe me, but it's true. that does not make these items worthless, it just makes them not worth as much as they would be had they been official epic items....

if you want further confirmation of what king and i are saying, ask here:

http://www.pjcollectors.com

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    dangerboy wrote:
    the metal head is unofficial in that it was not made by epic. the cd inside is real.

the box set you speak of, is that the one in the gray felt box? also unofficial.

you don't have to believe me, but it's true. that does not make these items worthless, it just makes them not worth as much as they would be had they been official epic items....

I am sure I am in the minority, but I can never find any real info on that site about much of anything.
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:

Cool. Thanks. I believe you. Looks like you've done the research.

As far as value goes... I don't even care about actual monetary value. Those are both important intrinsic value items and important elements of my personal collection.
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    Cool. Thanks. I believe you. Looks like you've done the research.

As far as value goes... I don't even care about actual monetary value. Those are both important intrinsic value items and important elements of my personal collection.

and that's what matters

• Options
    mjb wrote:
    I am sure I am in the minority, but I can never find any real info on that site about much of anything.

what info are you trying to find? anything listed there is an official release, and each listing has identifying info including pictures. the forum has lots of discussions about authenticity, new and old items, availablity, etc.